Sunday, June 1, 2008

An E.T. and I didn't get to phone home this week...

Well hello family,

Okay, first things first: I’m so glad to hear that you have had a great trip and I hope that when you read this you are home and healthy. Chanel, that is so cool that you got to see Marcy Wells, I was really, honestly floored when I read that. I hope that she is doing well and if she is still interested in the “Vini-Van” tell her to write me and I will see what I can do. I hope that you liked the movie too; everyone down here says it is amazing and the like, so I figure it has to be good.

Well enough about all of you I have huge news to report today……Are you all sitting down???????? I have been apart of an Emergency Transfer! Thankfully I stayed in my area and Elder “little” Taylor left to a new area. I have now for my companion Elder Porritt, he is waiting on a visa to go to Argentina that is his normal assignment. He is from Bear River City, Utah. We just got put together yesterday. We found out all the news Saturday night and it was crazy if you ask me. One Elder had to go home for medical reasons. So that was too bad, but his loss is someone else’s gain I guess, or maybe not. Anyway, I have no idea how long Elder Porritt will be here with us. It could be a few days, weeks or even months. So this is a whole new thing for me which I must say kind of comes as an answer to prayer. I’ve been thinking a lot about how I need to do something new, something I haven’t done before…..there isn’t a whole lot I haven’t done yet, but this takes one off the list. It is weird because every time I go to tell him something that we do, I remember that in Argentina it isn’t going to be the same, from the language to the style in which people are taught. Each mission in the church is different so this should be an awesome experience for him, and I’m going to do my best to help him have a great time, plus he has to learn Spanish so I might pick a little more up too, which I don’t have a problem with! But anyway back to more of him: he is a really nice kid, this is his first time away from home or the MTC, and I think he is in little bit of shock, plus he is in Vegas, Sin Capital of the world - what could be more shocking straight out of the MTC? But he is doing great, we had a lesson last night with a nice older man, his name is Eugene, he is about 60 and very set in his ways. It was more like he wanted to teach us a lesson then us teach him….you know being 20 we don’t know anything right??? Well he got a little crazy about 5 minutes in and we lost control of the lesson and never got it back so I just tried to leave a quickly as possible. Boy that was crazy.

Also we taught Kim again last week…..the Big Law of Chastity lesson. See the problem is she lives with her boyfriend because she and her mom are fighting and so we talked all about that and she was actually OK with the fact that she needed to move out. I’m not going to lie, I was a little nervous because we were having to tell her that she needed to move and talk about all these problems, but then the Spirit came in the room and she totally was willing to accept every commitment we gave her. It was really cool. She is one of those people who wants to get baptized and so she is willing to really do what ever she is asked to do. It is really quite amazing.

Well I hope that you are all having a great time doing what ever it is you are going to do this week. Have fun with it. I will make sure I have more info for you next week about Elder Porritt, Maybe send me some snail mail questions you want me to answer this week and I will do it. Well I hope you all have a great week and that Chanel gets feeling better. Oh Mom, I feel fine and am doing great. We are going to Sister Harris’ herb shop this week and she is going to hook us up with everything we need to be as healthy as possible. Have a good one and keep it classy.

Elder Taylor

No comments: