Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A New Comp....Some Dinosaurs....Oh, and a few Snide Remarks

Hey there,

So, holy cow, it seems like I was just here the other day and I was writing an email to you all. Man, does time fly too fast when you are having fun. Well I guess there have been a few big changes this past week for me and they will continue to happen. One is that Elder Porritt left for Argentina on Wednesday and has been there since. So that was bitter sweet, I guess. We got the call on Monday last week and on Wednesday he was off to the other side of the world. He was a really good kid and is going to be a great missionary down there. But that put me without a companion, so I was put with the two Spanish speaking missionaries. That has been a lot of fun……no I haven’t really picked up to much more Spanish. I get really confused when we go to their appointments. I mean, I know what they are talking about…..because I teach it in English but it just sounds way different to hear it in Spanish. It really has been fun; Elder Barragan and Espanol are a lot of fun. We have really gotten along well this transfer and were actually sad to see transfers come. Well I guess you want the news then….I will be staying in my area….again…..and will be getting a new companion….Elder Crump…..I have no idea where he is from or really anything about him….other then this next transfer should be one to help me get pushed…or him get pushed, I should say. But it will all be for our benefits, so that will be good. Also, Elder Espanol will be leaving….but he is going to Winnemucca, My Greenie area…..oh man, I have talked to him all about it and hope that he has a great time up there with all those fantastic people.

Well this week has been full of other fun things as well…..mostly me going to the Spanish appointments and being totally and utterly confused by what is going on. But also, we went to one (The Recent Converts/ Part member)family’s son’s birthday party…..if you caught all that then you are doing great. It was a dinosaur themed party and boy, it was pretty funny. The young kid turned 3 and it was a quite a hoot to be there let me tell you what. I will send some pictures of the day and some others to help illustrate the goings on the last little while.

Also, as you know I was able to go to lunch with Eric…..that was a great time….we went to chili’s and had a great time….my companions said they thought Eric was really funny and they really enjoyed his jokes and all that stuff. It was really a great time…..good to see someone from home again….although it was still a little weird…we really did have a great time.

Well, I really can’t think of anything else that happened this week.

I do want to say a few quick things about my Dad. As you are aware yesterday was Fathers day, and I will be the first to admit I am a terrible son….I sent no Father’s Day card, no nothing. But I will also be the first to say that I have the best Dad around. He is one of my best friends and someone that I can always turn to in time of need. I mean, come on, have you all heard of the International Bank of Dad…..just kidding-we all know I go to mom for that. But really, my dad is the best. He always is there to make me feel like a million bucks…..whether it is him letting me beat him at golf or wrestle him to the ground…..he always has a loving heart, and that I do love about him….I am so glad that my dad got baptized….now he can be my dad forever…..and I can’t think of anyone else I would like that to be.

Well everyone have a great week….I love you all….....Chanel….good luck with the new summer job….have fun and don’t forget I’m down here I still want emails. Again you’re the best family a missionary or anyone could ask for.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: