Monday, June 23, 2008

Well The Crump has Arrived...

Hello once again,

It really seems to me that the weeks are running together as time goes on. It really seems to me that time keeps going faster and faster. Sometimes I find myself thinking it's a day or two behind where I am. But all in all things are really going good. I am loving being in my area still, these two wards are amazing and some really cool things might start happening here in a few months. But first I would like to comment on the emails I got from you guys this week. Chanel, remember even though you're in Chicago - I still love you, and don’t forget to send me something Cubs ok? I really want something, and since I love you and you love me….I mean come on it works out perfect right???...right??? Dad, I can’t believe it has been a year since you have played a round of golf….that really is sad. Question…How is my putter doing???? Are you cleaning it regularly? But all in all I’m glad you are getting a chance to play. That’s really cool about the Priesthood thing….oh, and Mom said you might bless the sacrament soon….so that’s really cool, too. Mom, can you go one week with out getting sick? I mean come on….you might as well hire a live in doctor or something. But I’m glad to hear that this past week was fun up to the weekend….by the way I really miss going with you to Kelson’s…remember that??? But I hope that you get feeling better soon….remember I am always praying for your health.

Well as for me this week nothing really new or different happened…..just kidding, I got a new companion! His name is Elder Crump and he is from Kentucky….and no he never did get a chance to meet the Colonel, I asked….he didn’t laugh. He is from Mount Sterling or somewhere in the middle of nowhereville out there. He has been out for nine months. He actually just came from an area that I served in while I was in Reno. The Skyline and Lakeside wards up there. It was fun to see how things are going now that I’m gone. He was only there for 3 months like me but he said that it was really nice while he was there. He has a family with a mom and dad and an older brother and two younger sisters…I think. His older brother is on his mission in New York, Spanish speaking. So that’s cool right??? Chanel asked few questions and so I will try and answer them for you.

When is his birthday? August 1st
How many siblings does he have? 3. One older and two younger.
Does he speak any other languages? A little French.
How many ties does he have? I don’t know but not as many as me and most are cool looking.
What is his favorite donut? He likes donut holes.
Who is his favorite Simpson’s character? Moe, but he really reminds me of Ralph Wiggam….looks and everything.
When was his last nosebleed? Last Friday after doing some service.
What's his favorite cereal? Corn pops.

If you have anymore questions let me know. I will get the answers for you. Oh and NO he is not a dancer….I almost forgot that one.

Well enough about him I have a pretty cool experience to tell you. Well, I think it is cool and as a missionary it sure doesn’t happen every day. So we got back from our service on Friday….don’t worry I just painting the whole picture for you….and I had just gotten out of the shower. Well, Crump tells me that we got a phone call from a lady that needed a ride to church. In this area it seems everyone needs a ride to church, by the way. Well, anyway, she said her name and I was only a little familiar with the lady and knew only part of her story. I just knew she had been to church once and I thought she was a less-active, because she told us she used to go a long time ago. Well, I called her back and told her to give someone in the ward a call. Well while talking to her I found that she hadn’t been baptized before and that she wanted to come to our church and learn more about it and become a member. So that was amazing…a call we never get. Well we went and taught her the next day and she committed to get baptized on the 12th of July…but her son turns 8 the next week so we might talk to her and wait a week and baptize them both together….how cool right?? That was one of the cool things we had happen this week. Also we were tracting and we ran into this guy who said he was having family trouble and that he was on the phone with his mom and that he wanted us to come back later to talk more….so we are going back next week to talk to him. He said, “It is so crazy that I am having these family troubles and then you guys knock on my door.” So that was cool. Then we talked to this Ex-Catholic, now Buddhist for like an hour and talked about how she almost joined the church and then didn’t and became Buddhist. People have the craziest life stories sometimes….I tell ya.

Well I hope that this week goes as well as last week did. I hope that you all have a good time doing what ever it is that you are doing. I love you all so much and I pray for you all the time. Keep on doing what is right and the Lord will bless you more the you know. I love you and have a great week.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: