Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm Melting

Hey,

So I guess this must mean another week has gone by. I mean it must have: I am sitting here at a computer and I am typing out a letter so that must be what this all means. Well, this week really has seemed to fly by. The weeks always seem to fly and when you get to a certain point you wish that they would either slow down or speed way up. But this speed it still good. It sounds like everyone had a great week far across the land from the East to the West. Chanel, it really does sound like you are having a great time in Chicagoland, and as far as Cubs stuff, well a shirt and foam finger would be great, maybe a hat. Oh heck, I don’t know! There is to much good stuff….you know me, so whatever you think I will like. Mom, it is hard to believe that it isn’t too far to the Ward Campout. When you mentioned it I was thinking that it was really far off….but just a month from now we will be talking about how it all went! Dad, way to go on the golf….is it sad that when you told me about the hole on the course….that I knew which one it was even though you told me the wrong number?! It is hole 5, by the way….but that I also wanted to jump up and down when I heard you shot so well! Another nine like that and you broke 100! Well, you'd better sharpen up your game….I know I will be when I get home - and I won't just let you beat me either….

Well, as for me this week was good. We had a lot of appointments fall through but it will all work out in the end so that’s great. We picked up some new investigators and visited with some old ones. Please allow me to vent for just a moment if you will. People don’t seem to realize the importance of anything these days. If it doesn't involve money, cars or worldly things, it is impossible to get their attention. I mean come on people; do you think that you will be able to take that stuff with you when you die??? Hello?! I think not. Well anyway…like I said we have some new investigators. One we picked up a week ago is really progressing well. She is keeping the commitments we leave her and she has been to church the last two weeks and really likes it. Her name is Chemise Jones and I can't remember if I mentioned her last week or not…but she is really nice and is trying to set a good example for her kids. So that makes it really cool. We’ve also got a few more people that we are trying to work with, but they all have health problems so that will make it harder for them to get to church and things like that. But with faith we can do anything.

Also this week we had zone meeting. We have this meeting at the beginning of every transfer. We get together a zone and talk about all the new changes and old changes and talk about the transfer theme and set goals and such. After the meeting, we always go out to lunch and spend more money then we really need to - but it is a good time. Well this time we all decided to have a BBQ and just have each missionary pitch in a few bucks for burgers and dogs and we had a great out door picnic….but it was like 10,000,000 degrees outside as always….but is was still a great time to be together as missionaries.

I hope that you all have a great week. Things here seem to just be getting hotter….so that means I hope we start teaching inside a lot more. I hope that good things happen for you all wherever you are. Know that I keep you in my prayers and that I love you all so much.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

Image via TimeInc

No comments: