Monday, May 19, 2008

Well, I won't call next week....

[Editor's note: Elder Taylor got permission from his mission president to call us on Sunday, May 18, 2008 to hear about his father's baptism. It was SO wonderful to talk with him again!]

Dear Family,

Well I guess we all got really lucky to be able to talk to each other again yesterday. I was so glad to be able to call and talk to you all about the baptism and hear a little of what happened and went on. Dad, thank you so much for your note and your testimony. It was so great to read that and feel the change and added Spirit it your life. Chanel your note was short but very sweet and as you said….we talked yesterday, so what is there to report? Well I guess I held back some things just to have something to write today.

One of the things that I didn’t talk about on the phone, since it happened last night, was we a nice dinner with the Stoddard family. Their Mom and Dad are currently serving as mission presidents in the Chicago North mission. It was nice to hear a little of what it is like to be a mission president. They are a really nice family and the food was great. Then we had a lesson with Kim again and she is doing really well. We watched The Restoration and talked about some of the commandments. You never really know what to expect when you teach the Word of Wisdom to a 17 year old girl….so that’s always fun. But it all went well and she really enjoyed the movie.

I hope that everyone enjoyed the baptism this last week. It sounded as though it was an amazing day and that all had a great time. Dad, I am so proud of you and the choice you have made. Keep doing the things you're doing and all will work out for you in the end. Times may get rough and tough, but remember the way you felt yesterday and things will always work out. You’re an amazing example to me that it is never too late to change. I know that you will have the love of your Father in Heaven, and He will watch you and bless you in times of need. I know that is true as I have felt them in my life. I love you all and have a great time on vacation now and don’t have to much fun without me….you’ve already had enough.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: