Monday, May 5, 2008

Who are you Robots.....and what have you done with my family??

Well Hello Again,
Well it sounds like another whirlwind week at the Taylor house. Dad you really are causing quite the stir, it seems like. But I must say the changes that have been made in all of you will seem weird for a time but as they become more of a habit then they will be easier to do. Chanel, I know that it may be weird…but I say just roll with it and see where this all goes...Mom, I’m glad to hear that my family has not been replaced by some crazy Mormon robots...that’s always good to know. Dad, well it always seems to be a lot about you lately. I think mom and Chanel have talked about you in their letters more in the last two weeks then in the whole 14 months before that. But I am so glad to be able to talk to you all in person next Sunday. One quick note, I’m going to file my talk on Baptism with my camera and then send home the SD card….from there I will let you all figure out how to make it play at the baptism.

Well this past week really has been uneventful….not a whole lot has happened since last Wednesday...Oh wait! I forgot we had two baptisms Saturday….it was so cool to be a part of these two young ladies baptism…I was asked to be one of the Witnesses so that was a really cool honor. I really enjoy going to baptism services. They always seem to have a special spirit about them. They are just a great place to be. Even if you don’t know the person who is getting baptized you know the spirit that it there and that is an amazing blessing to feel. Well anyway, they were confirmed in their sacrament meeting yesterday, there Dad who was doing the whole thing had his arm on my shoulder, it was shaking like crazy the whole time, I really thought his or my arm was going to fall off at some point…but alas they did not. So now Anna Brennan and Jamie Larson are new members to the Church.

Oh, also we had transfer calls on Saturday as well….Saturday was just a really busy day, it seems….well I will be staying in my area with Elder Taylor….the Dance team lives on! I am actually really excited about this next transfer. Not that I ever hate them, but it is really nice when you’re in an area you love and with a companion you like. It makes it so much more fun to stay in the area. So I really am excited to stay…plus we have a lot of work left to do in this area before I feel like I can leave it.

Well, I did something yesterday I don’t often do. Much like Chanel and mom, I stood in one of our testimony meetings and bore my testimony. I bore testimony that I know that we all receive blessings from missionary work. Even the missionaries, not just our families. Of course, sometimes they come in a hidden package, but we still get them. Sometimes it is your father deciding to be baptized by the correct Priesthood authority and sometimes it is you not being able to be there for that. But you get to talk to him the week before he does such a thing, so at least you can tell him you love him and that you are so excited that he has made a choice you have been praying for, for a long time.

It kind of reminds me of Alma’s prayer for his son’s heart to be softened and for him to change his ways, except this was a son praying for his dad to realize the things he was missing out on and the things that he could miss out on even more in the future. But the mighty power of prayer always seems to prevail over all. That’s what I love…..that God really does answer prayers…..in his time…not ours. As we do what is right and make the changes in our lives to follow his will and the Savior’s path, then all things that we desire will be given to us.

Dad, I am so happy for you and the choices you’re making each and every day. The things you do now will help shape you into a better you. Do the things that you know to be right, and have an open mind to learn and grow more….I personally am humbled every day, it seems like…that there is something else I need to get better at or that I need to be more obedient to, but I always seem to receive the help I need when I pray and ask for it and set my will the same as our Heavenly Father’s….I really need to quit saying stuff like this otherwise it is going to really be quiet over the phone line next Sunday!! Oh, just kidding…..a Taylor family phone call silent???? Never heard of it.

Well I hope that all goes well for you this week. To my Brothers in Arms that read these letters when they get them from Bishop Wilson….you guys are awesome….I love your letters and read them over and over again each week…..you guys make me want to be better each week. Have a great week….

Much love.
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: