Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Do I need tickets to THIS gun show??

Hey There,
Well I hope that everyone is doing well this week and that all is going well. Mom, sorry to hear that you aren’t doing so well and glad to read you are back at work today. It seems like you all enjoyed the wonderfully slow week in the house. I wish we could get a week off sometimes…your batteries get kind of low during the week…so you just have to work hard and then rest hard at night. We really did have a lot to do this week. We had a lot of appointments early this week. Plus I had my first district meeting of the transfer this week, too. I have to say I hope it went well. This week should be better…we really have to be creative on these things otherwise they get really boring.
We got a call later in the week from a member in California, she was coming up here to “The Candy Dance” in Genoa. It is this huge craft fair and party that they have been having for over 88 years now. It's a big deal and was actually a lot of fun and I’ll talk more about it later. Well she needed help setting up her two tents that she would be using this year and called us to ask for help. We gladly went with our zone leaders to help her. This is the point where I say thank you to all my scout leaders and family for making us help set up the camp site where ever we went. She had two quick shades and zipper sides to go with them. I was really like the only one who knew what to do…so I just jumped into action and made it all work….and it took no time at all…which was really nice. Then she took us out to a nice lunch to thank us. We went back Saturday and checked the whole thing out…it look good and The Candy Dance was really pretty cool. They had a old west gun show right in the middle of the street and everything….you know when you have that your party is really cool. Plus a lot of pretty cool crafts…but were still cool to look at while you are there. It was a warm day…but overall we had fun and tried to share the gospel with as many people as possible….sadly they weren’t there for that. All in all it was a great afternoon.
Also cool thing. Terry Terrebrood got the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday. Now we are working to get him to the temple with us to do baptisms. On a sad note…a less-active lady we are working with had her mom pass away. I think I might mentioned she was ill. She passed away and the funeral was this past week. It was a really nice service…everyone spoke very highly of her, but still they were sad to let her go. In better news though, we got a new ward mission leader in one of our wards here. Let me tell you I am really excited about working with this guy…he seems really on top of his game. He is a younger guy, he just got out of dental school and he really wants things to go well here…so that is really what has me excited.
I always hate this point because I feel like something happened this week that I am missing or something. Well, I guess if I remember I can just send you a letter by mail or something. I love you all so much and I am so glad for the support that you give the elders back home…I know that they must really love it. I know always do when we have families like that. Have a great week and I will talk to you all later. Oh, I got the package you sent with Sister Baldwin…thanks for the coloring book, Chanel. Anyway I love you and have a great week.
Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: