Monday, September 15, 2008

Where have all the bikes gone????

Hello Again,

This week has been quite interesting. We have had a lot to do and it seemed like time just kept running shorter and shorter….yet we always seemed to get things done when we needed to. We had a baptism this week! The guy's name is Cheyne (said like Shane) and he is the boyfriend of a member in one of our wards. He started taking the lessons a few weeks ago. Well he progressed really well, so he decided that he wanted to get baptized. Well the problem is that he doesn’t live in our ward boundaries….well we got him all hooked up with his regular ward and he does have a few friendly faces in there so it won't be too weird. His girlfriend has family in that other ward and they are all really close….so he had friend built in….so it works out great! The service though was great and I left my camera at home so I will have to send the pictures later. Wait, I will just send the card home this week….I guess it has been long enough since you have had some new pictures to go crazy over. Anyway, the service was really good. His girlfriend is an amazing singer and she sang an awesome arrangement of “I am a Child of God.” I must say it was absolutely amazing. Overall, the evening was really nice.

This week was also filled with transfers and such. I already gave the news that I was staying and that my companion would be staying, too. Well, we did make the trek up to Reno to retrieve my bike…which I left in Las Vegas. We got there just shortly after 7…..which was when the transfer van was to arrive and when Elder Wright and I left at 8ish, the van was still not there. That really stunk especially because I was hungry and we were late for dinner with Isaac. I talked to our ZL’s and had them get my bike and bring in down to Carson City for me…..they were staying in town for a meeting the next morning. So, we went to meet Isaac….and it was a nice break. It seems like the last two transfers have been more stressful then I ever wanted them to be. It all worked out in the end and I have my bike here in Carson…stored in the nice garage.

Well other than that the week was spent like I said trying to get the baptism all worked out and dealing with transfers. I guess as for things with me and my companion: they are good. We seem to have a pretty good time together. I really love this area…some of the members here are so amazing and really nice. They love us and want to help us. Then there are those that just don’t care. I have to say….it is really nice as a missionary when you have people around you that care...and for those that don’t care about missionary work….well you really should. This is one of the most important things we as members of the church can do. We are asked and told that we need to help people find this glorious gospel. We really need to help those people that are around us on a daily basis and those we only see once and their gone. We need to help them see how important the gospel is in our lives. As we do that we will be able to draw people unto our Savior and then they will really experience true & pure joy. Well I hope you all have a great week and that things continue to go well for all of you. One more thing really quick: I love that you guys have the missionaries over to teach lessons - it really puts a smile on my face to know you are doing what you have been asked to do...just do some more...Well, I love you all so much - have a great week.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: