Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Where have all the Baptism Clothes Gone???

Hello Guys,

Well I must say I am sorry that this is late but it isn’t my fault this time. Yesterday was Labor Day and so the libraries were closed. So since we had a lot of free time yesterday we decided to take a road trip to Lake Tahoe. Oh man, it was so nice to be up there. The weather was in the 70’s and just a wonderful time was had by all. We got some pictures BY the water…not in the water….so that was really nice. It is such a nice place up there….we will have to make a stop up there when we come back and visit people…for sure. But other then that yesterday was a pretty benign P-day.

This past week was pretty busy though. We had Zone conference this past week in Fallon….that is about an hour drive from here so we had to go out there for that….which was really good….although zone conferences usually are amazing so it is really nice. We talked about lengthening our strides. That was really cool. President McCracken talked about how we were doing well but talked about just giving a little more and trying a little harder to do what was right. It was really uplifting and made me think….what more can I do? What can I be better at? So it was a really good meeting and I left very uplifted. We did come home that night to a message from our investigator who was to get baptized on Saturday. We called and he asked if we would come over as soon as possible…so we went right over. They were just having a few logistical problems and we just had to make a few corrections….but still it was slightly nerve wracking to get that call. But Terry Terrebrood’s baptism did happen on Saturday, but not without a few hiccups. We got there and there had been four baptisms that morning….well they used all the large people suits - so we didn’t have anything for him to wear! Thankfully there is one other church in Carson…..so we went there and got a suit for him to wear…..once we got that all taken care off we were off and no more problems for the night….which is always good. He was confirmed in Sacrament meeting and then he was all done. Speaking of sacrament meeting….Elder Wright and I were the speakers in that ward….it went really well. I was given the beatitudes in 3 Nephi…the talk went really well, I think, and we each got tons of complements on them.

Well as for things for me personally things are going well. Yes, transfer calls are this Saturday and no I have no inside info as to what is happening. I always have my theories but they never seem to pan out so I just figure that I will let the Lord send me where I am needed. I really do love this area so I hope that it calls for me staying here and enjoying my time. We do have 17 new missionaries coming out to the field this transfer so that is a lot so you never really know what is going to happen. But you do know that the Lord has you in the right place at the right time. So that makes things a little nerve wracking but I have been out long enough not to really worry anymore about it. Well I love you all so much and hope that each of you have a great week….email will be back to normal next week…so be waiting by your computers like I know you will be…love you all.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: