Monday, September 22, 2008

Working hard for the....Money...No....Working hard the Blessings

Well Hey There,

I hope that this letter does find each of you well and that things are going good for each of you today. This week has been a pretty good one. We have had a lot to do it seemed at times and then at others it seemed like there was nothing to do. Overall it was a great week. I was glad to hear about all your amazing missionary opportunities this past week! Seems like the Elders might as well just stay in my room! Just kidding….where would Dad sleep??? Really though I was so happy to hear about all the things you are doing and the things you want to do in the future. Dad, I was so glad to hear will get the Melchizedek priesthood after I get home….that means I can give it to you and then take you through the temple not too long after. We are working with Terry Terrebrood and Cheyne Lealand, the two guys we just helped get baptized….and we hope to take them to the temple when we go in mid October….that would be so much fun. I really hope that we get it to all work out well.

Well like I said this week was fast and slow….we seemed to have not too much to do early in the week but the weekend seemed to fill out quite nicely. We went and helped a Sister with some firewood. Well, by help I mean we went with a member and loaded his truck full of wood then drove to her house here in Carson. We had to drive to Gardnerville for wood and then unload it at her house…then drive back and do it all again. Really though, I make it sound worse then it was - actually I loved it. It was so much fun to get a nice workout….plus she made this amazing breakfast for us afterward...so really it was all worth it in the end. Plus I feel a lot stronger. Hey - when do you start feeling old?? Because I felt so old after doing all that work. Really it was a lot of fun and like I said the food was awesome.

As for missionary work we went out to Dayton, which is in my District, and help them with their area out there. It is pretty slow so I wanted to help them out. We went tracting and had lunch with them. It was a pretty good day….the Elders out there are the only ones in my District….pretty lucky it is a nice small district. Well, we had a great time. The elders are two southern boys. One is from Florida and the other from Mississippi…so you know they know how to have fun! Oh, and have no one understands what they are saying. But, that’s all right - I think I learning to be Southern…..just kidding. Really a lot of what we did this week was tracting and contacting people. We did get 3 referrals from one of our Bishop’s wife the other day while tracting….we hope that something good comes of it….plus referrals are always nice.

Well I know you want more details about my life….so what has happened here lately? Last p-day we played basketball and that was fun. I hate to brag but I’m am like the best player in this tiny little zone so really it is fun. Oh I bowled a 207 the other week! With no open frames either….a clean game! Can you believe it?! Oh and I won a game of hearts this morning as well….I shot the moon twice…the second time to win the game….it was amazing! Ok - I’m going to stop tooting my own horn….even I want to throw up. Well, this week really has been great and I hope this one will be good too. Tomorrow I have the first district meeting of the transfer….it should be pretty good…I hope. Well, I love you all so much and I can’t believe it has been 19 months now…next month I will have been here for 20 months….oh man that’s crazy….I better stop talking about it. Well have a good one and I love you.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: