Monday, October 6, 2008

Cake in a Cup...How much more exciting can it get?

Hello Hello,
Well, I hope that everyone had a chance to watch General Conference this past week. Chanel said she did and told me her favorites….I must say I loved Sister Allred’s talk on Saturday morning. She got after the members and the missionaries to do missionary work. That was one of my favorites and then of course Elder Wirthlin was really good too. The topics to me seemed to be coming in a very timely manner and they really addressed things that needed to be talked about. All the talks were really good. I must say as well Dad, that President Ucthdorf’s talk in priesthood session was amazing. “Stand where you are and lift.” They really are words for us to live by as Latter-Day Saints. All the talks were great and so was President Monson. Overall, I really did love conference. But the next one will be great too….it will finally be Pajama Sunday again…lol. Just kidding…well not really.
On the mission front…I must say: my area right now is painfully slow and I mean really painful. We really don’t have anyone we are teaching that is investigating, mostly just working with less-active people, which is fun because that is part of the job, too. We have done some pretty cool stuff this week. I went on splits with part of my district this week and also the ZL’s, too. It was a pretty good time overall. When I was out in Dayton we were tracting and found this guy working on some dirt bikes. We asked if we could help, and he said, "Sure!" So, we spent the next 2 hours or so helping and teaching. It was really cool…until…..dot dot dot….(to add more emphasis): Anyway we were sitting there and the door blew open a little bit and the guy said, "Oh, I hope my roommate is wearing clothes." And in my head I said, “Me, too.” And then he adds, "Yeah, because she is a stripper!" So that certainly made things more interesting. Thankfully: 1) she never came out, and 2) she wasn’t nude. So, that was pretty crazy. He was really nice guy and is actually taking those elders out fishing this morning…so pretty cool right???? That really was the highlight of the entire "splits"…and can you blame me???
This week, we also went back to help the guy for whom we bucked hay. This time he needed some wood split…again something I hadn’t really done. Let me tell you - it was really fun. Now I feel like I can do anything. Ok, maybe not anything but it was a cool life skill to learn. Plus I got a little stronger. So Dad…you'd better be ready to rumble here in a few months…I am bigger then I used to be. You’ll even be proud of my baby gut! Yeah that’s right…I’m working on it. (Really though it's nothing and I hope to work it off before I get home.) The members don’t make it easy, though. We have to eat like ten pounds of food and then dessert. We did have a cool desert the other night. We were eating with one of our bishops. The family said, ”While we are finishing up dinner - you mix up your desert.” We made the coolest little cakes. They are called Five Minute Cakes and you mix them in a mug for two minutes and then microwave them for three. They make the coolest cakes and don’t worry, I have the recipe…if you want it. It really was a lot of fun and plus if it didn’t turn out right…it was our own fault!
Well I really love you all. I hope you had a great week and that you have a great one coming up. It will be busy for us as we have interviews tomorrow and then Zone Conference on Wednesday. So this early part of the week should be really busy. I love you all so much. Have a great week.
Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

Images from here, here, and here

No comments: