Monday, October 20, 2008

Short, Sweet....well you get the point...

Hey Family Unit,
Man - I thought that I had a busy week! We really did a lot this week, but then I read your emails and you make me feel like I just sit around and do nothing. I mean, I don’t, but that’s what I feel like. So glad to hear that things went well this week for the Primary program, the one we had here was pretty good too. A few younger kids did an amazing job, talking for like three minutes a piece…all memorized…one even sang an impromptu song about the prophet and apostles. I must say it was very cute. Still - I'm glad to hear of the entire goings on….really you all are very busy. I hope that I can keep up with this pace that you all seem to keep when I get home (I think I will be able to).

Well as you know I am getting transferred back down to Las Vegas and I will be in the Tule Springs zone and stake, specifically in the Deer Springs ward. It should be pretty interesting. I’m not too sure about the area, but I know they are splitting one and I get half of it…other then that, that’s all I know about the area. I will be serving with Elder Degering, I think that’s how you spell his name, not too sure though. Anyway, yes we will be on bikes, but only covering one ward so it really shouldn’t be too bad! Plus the winter is starting in Vegas….so it won't be so dang hot anymore. I must say I wasn’t to sure about transfers at first but I think that it will work out just fine.

As far as news for this week: I emailed last Wednesday about the most important things like the temple and stuff…so really I don’t have to much else to write. I feel really bad, this letter is so daggum short. I mean all we did this week was tract and tract and try and find new people. We did get a referral from some members who work in Scouts about these two boys who want to get baptized…so it should be really cool. Though I won't be here…I will be leaving. Really I think this this is the way things have gone my whole mission that I have never really left an area bare or with no work…it seems like it always picks up right as I am leaving and then I never know what happens to it. Such is the life of a missionary.

Have a great week and I will send you a note once I'm in Vegas. I love you all so much and hope that you are all doing well. Mom, I hope that things get figured out for you and that you all do well this week….welp big gulps??? Well - see ya later!

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

Image via here.

No comments: