Monday, January 5, 2009

Who's the Boss?....Well it sure ain't Tony Danza!

Hello Family,

Well this week was a pretty fun week. Hard for lots of missionary work to get done but still very nice to be able to sort of relax for a day and then kick it into overdrive for the last little bit here. We had quite the time on New Year's Eve and day. But before I forget, I was so surprised to see that the Beacon Hill ward is no longer. The ward of my youth is no longer in existence. I must say I was a little shocked and saddened, but the church moves on and the gospel is still true. Moving on...on New Year's Eve we had an all day service day. We helped build on our apartment out back. We had about 11 other missionaries here to help us. It was a really fun day. We had a lot to do and have a lot to still be done, but we really got a dent into a lot of different things. And I think the best part of the day was that I kind of got to help play boss for the day. As I knew Brother Stringer and the missionaries there it was easy for me to communicate with both sides and get things done, so I guess bossiness runs in the family…right Chanel? Just kidding…well maybe not. Anyway we had to get siding put on the house and we had to get a dryer vent installed in the attic, we had electrical to run, holes to drill and just tons of stuff to get done. The sad thing is none of us really had much of any construction experience but the Stringers said they were so grateful to have all the extra hands to get things moving. They were so grateful that they fed us a big pizza lunch and then for those that didn’t have dinner they did dinner, too and then we all stayed and played games. It was great. A very fun evening, we played Risk and other games that take hours upon hours. So it was a great way to ring in the New Year….even if they all had to be home well before the new year was rung in. Still a fun day. New Year's Day brought a much needed all day rest. We had a no proselyte day. It was nice - we went bowling in the morning and then just rested up the rest of the day. So really it was sort of a lame day….but it was nice.

Yesterday I had a great chance to go into the Deer Springs ward primary. They asked me to come and speak in there. This year's Primary theme is "My Eternal Family," so you guessed it - I was asked to speak about how so my family will be an eternal family. I must say it was hilarious being in Primary...I forgot what little inhibition those children have, they will say or do anything at any time, but the leaders did a great job and just letting in roll on. I got to tell the whole story about my soon to be eternal family and the kids just seemed to look at me with slight amazement and slight "who-the-heck is this guy?" It was a great time. The kids were overall very good. It was a little crazy with all the changes going on at the beginning of the year but all worked out great. Oh I almost left of the best part. All the adults said I did a great job, and the Primary President said that all the part members in the room were crying, so needless to say….I am amazing. But you already knew that.


I did forget to talk last week about my dinner with the Craigs. It was so nice. We had a nice little Indian dish (middle east not native) and it was so good. We talked about everything. The kids had all just gone through chicken pox, so we talked about that. I asked Tanner how he was doing, and with out missing a beat he pulled up his shirt to show off the last remaining pox, Ken then said “I don’t know where he learned that.” So it was a great little evening.



Well I hope that you all have a great week this week and have a Happy New Year! Time seems to fly like and arrow and boy does a fruit fly like a banana. Well anyway I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: