Monday, January 12, 2009

Google Search: How do I fix a broken jaw?

Hello,

Well this week has been a very interesting one. I think I have said that over that last 100 or so weeks about, well I would say….almost 100 times. Somehow each week though, something seems to really come up and surprise me. You would think that at this point it would all be the same old same old, but oh hecks no…I get a new surprise each week. I guess though you are all dying to know what happened with transfers. I must say it was slightly weird being at my last "transfer calls." I was standing there thinking, "6 weeks from now I won’t care because I will be going home." Not that at any other point in time I have thought about going home, because 6 weeks is a totally long time. Anyway to transfer calls: I will be staying and Elder Degering is leaving. I will then be getting a new companion, his name is Elder Hanson I have no idea pretty much anything about him, as he has only been out for about 4 ½ months. So that will be good, because we have a lot to get done here and I only have a certain amount of time to get it all done. So, things will be different around here and I am happy about that. So should be a really good 6 weeks.

Well, as for other things that are cool in nature, we had a great week spreading the gospel. So this is going to be a long story so please prepare yourselves…but trust me it will be worth it. We have been trying to get in contact with this young man and his name is David. He was a referral from some of the other missionaries. We had talked with him and he kept saying "We'd soon get together." Well this last week we finally were able to meet with him. So last Thursday we met with him and had a great lesson, but sadly he had been attending another ward with the people who are fellowshipping him, which I must say isn’t that “sad,” but any who… we taught him and asked him to come and join us at the ward he belongs to. He said, "Yes!" without any hesitation, so yesterday he came to church. Well, we went around with him through all the meetings. We went to the youth Sunday School class, which takes me back, good old Dave Luman’s class. I so miss the that nice warm bread and butter to start every lesson, mmmmmm…..Well now that I am starving...so we had a great time in class and then went to Priest quorum with him. They didn’t have a teacher so Bishop Johnson said, “Elders, why don't you go ahead and teach a lesson since we are all here?” This being something that I was totally not prepared for, we said, "Of course!" and proceeded to go over some of the things we had taught and he had read since we taught him last Thursday. Well we finished and asked if he had any questions, “Well” he said, “I have this question, but I don’t know how to phrase it.” He then said, “How and when can I get baptized?” Well, as a question that we hear pretty much every day...I slowly collected my jaw from the floor and said that that was a great question. We talked about all things he had to do to get baptized. I thought that Bishop Johnson was going to swallow his tongue, maybe. That ward hasn’t had a convert baptism in over a year. So we are all very excited for this to happen. We told David to think about a date, sooner rather than later, and told him we would talk more about it on Tuesday when we have our next appointment. So that was pretty cool, so like I said, each week has its own little surprises. Also like I said it was going to be a long story, but come on, that was so worth it, right?

Well, this next week should be pretty good, with transfers and all that. We have a lot of teaching that we are going to be doing this week. So it will be nice to keep us busy, sadly we could be busier but we are going to work on it and keep on plugging away. Well I want you to know that I love you all so much and that I hope that you have a great week. Mom, yeah if you want to, you can keep putting info in your email about things, and yes Dad this is the beginning of a lot of “lasts” thanks for that. Chanel was actually the least trunky one this week….let’s see who will win next week. Well again I love you and hope that you have a great week.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

P.S. Go Cardinals!

No comments: