Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mr. "Handy" Man...

Hello,
Well here we are again! Another rodeo…can you believe it? Well, this week has been a great week and we have had so many things going on and that we have had a great time doing. I must say, as I have gotten to know Elder Hanson more and more this week, we have really had a great time and we seem to get along really well. We both understand the principle "Work hard; play hard." We always make sure that when we have to get things done - we have a good time doing it and that we let people see that we are having a good time and that we are good missionaries. I guess that has really been for me something that I have really tried to do on my mission. I learned early on that I have gifts and abilities and that I needed to use them to help the work along. I have always talked with other missionaries about being themselves, because we were called, not some robot in our place, so we have to just be ourselves. So Elder Hanson gets that and so it makes for good times while we are together. So as for things about Elder Hanson, I will try and send a picture and Chanel, if you would send a questionnaire I will get the answers for you about them.
As for this week: we had a lot going on it seemed like. It seemed like each day was good but Tuesday and Friday really seemed to be the best. Tuesday we met with David to talk about the last few commandments and talk about his baptism. I taught the 10 commandments using the handy hand signals…pun intended. If you haven’t heard of them or seen them, they are by far the best way to teach the commandments. Everyone that I have done them with loves them and then can remember all 10 in order, which most can’t beforehand…again…pun intended. So we taught him and talked about his baptism. We moved it up to this Wednesday the 28th to do it as the wards mutual activity. So that will be pretty cool. He is super excited and we are for him too. He really has been like that golden contact; he soaks up everything like a sponge. So we are super happy for him. Also on Tuesday we were out tracting and we tracted into a Baptist preacher. He let us and we talked about Christ and lots of other topics. The weird thing was he let us talk. Sometimes we get into doors like that, but they try and convert us, don’t let us answer any questions or anything. So it was really nice and we got to teach him. He didn’t believe everything…but thanked us for stopping by.
Then came Friday, another lesson with David, going over the interview stuff and last minute tune-up for everything. It is always a great time to go and talk to him. Well, after that we went and had a lesson with this less-active and part-member family. Totally nice people, younger couple and they have a new baby. Well we stopped by and had a great talk with them and now we are going to teach the wife. She had a lot of great questions for us and so that was really cool. She said that she was interested in the church; it might be her member husband who has the problem. So we hope he will clean up his act and bring his wife to church. Saturday was David’s interview for baptism and it went great. So he is good to go for Wednesday. Yesterday was Sunday and you all know how that goes.

I think that one of the coolest things that happened to this week was one of our newest investigators. She is a 12 year old girl. She is the sweetest little thing, and the most surprising thing about her is her family is totally active. Her only problem is that she has down syndrome. Now normally she wouldn’t need to be baptized because of her condition, but she has asked to be baptized. She wants to be a member of Heavenly Fathers church and follow Jesus Christ. SO we are going by tonight to teach her and she will be getting baptized sometime in February, I think it might be the 25th which makes me a little sad that I might not be there. So I hope they do it before I go home. Even still just to be apart in this way is going to be so cool. Working with her and with this family will be such a great experience, something I think I will remember all of my life.

Well I hope that all of you have a great, grand and wonderful week. Keep on truckin, and things will come your way. Dad I think the personal assistant thing is a great idea, can you start looking around for me? Well I love you all so much and I hope that you have just a great week. I guess I will talk to you in February. Love you!

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: