Tuesday, January 20, 2009

HEY...MEET AT IHOP....

Hello Folks,

Well this week has been a super busy, more so then any week since I have been here in the area. We had quite a few appointments and so that was really quite nice. It has been an adjustment to the new companion, still things are good. Elder Hanson is a cool guy. He is from Illinois, somewhere near Joliet he said…like Minooka…I think. Yeah, that sounds right. He has only been out for 5 months or so…so he is still pretty new. He is really fun though and so far we have had a pretty good time together. He is pretty easy going and laid back like myself so we seem to get along so far. I don’t really see any problems coming up…plus I won’t have to deal with them for very long if they do. He is a good guy...the funny thing is though, when I started my mission he was a junior in high school. That was really weird to me. We have, though, had a lot of work to do.

This week started really with transfers on Tuesday morning. It was a good transfer meeting. Then we went out to brunch. It was supposed to be just a few missionaries, well I yelled across the parking lot of the church at an elder where we were going, and then about 40 or so missionaries showed up at IHOP. It was so crazy; they had no idea what hit them. 40 missionaries is a lot in one place. It was fun, but just a little more than we had originally planned on. Then we had a great appointment with David Edwards, the young man I talked about last week. We set his baptism date for January 31st, so that will be a fun day, because Elder L. Tom Perry will be speaking to all the missionaries here in Las Vegas that afternoon. That will be a really cool day. A lot of missionaries will be at the meeting…all in our mission serving in Las Vegas and the other Vegas mission…So it should be pretty cool. Well anyway, the rest of the week saw a lot of normal missionary work.

We met with a lady whose husband is a member and she is slowly working her way to join the church and we are trying to help her along her way. She is a nice lady but will need a lot of extra prayers and help, so we are working overtime on it. She is a really nice lady and told us in the appointment that she knows the church is true, she is just afraid to pray about it.

So we really seem to have our work cut out for us this transfer, I know that I am up to it though. I only have but a short time left, so I want to work hard and finish in the end. It really doesn’t feel like I will be gone soon. I feel like this is now my home and that I don’t want to leave. I know everything so well and am so used to being a missionary, I’m not sure what I will do otherwise. Maybe I can live with the elders back home for a little bit? Check into it for me. Well I hope that you all have a great week and that those that are sick get feeling better…I’m starting to feel a cold coming on but I just am going to work through it. No time to slow down now, this train is in motion and isn’t stopping until it has to. Well I love you and hope that all is well.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: