Monday, December 29, 2008

Well, Take One Down, Then Past it Around to 2009!

Hidee Ho Family Unit,

Well, I think that Chanel really did hit the nail right on the head: not too much has happened between now and last Wednesday, but I think that I can make up a few things that will fill this letter out, I hope. I really must say that it was quite a delight to be able to talk with all of you on the phone and have a great time. Christmas was really a nice day. Though at times it seemed a little different. First, the members that we live with had a family gathering at their home and so there were more people then normal here. Most of them thought it was odd that we were here all day, then when they found out that we were living in the home they had that sort of "Oh, duh!" moment. So that was funny. They had quite the spread of snacks and treats and goodies and all sorts of things for people to nibble on - which ended up being good as Sister Stringer put the turkey in the oven and then turned on the wrong oven. She came home from picking people up to find the turkey just sitting there...with the other oven nice and toasty. Still dinner was great and it made for nice time to be around everyone and have a fun time. It was almost normal, expect we don’t ever really have people come by and visit the house on Christmas, it is normally just us. It was a nice day though. The Stringers gave us each some really nice gifts and it was a really fun, wonderful day.

The next few days saw us trying to play catch up and try and get things back in order. That was hard because people are still in their holiday stupor, and so it made trying to converse with anyone a difficult thing. Yet it all worked out and we were still able to come up with a few new potential investigators. Sad thing is everyone is so busy with family and trips or both that they just don’t seem to have much time to really be doing much of anything else. So most good things will start happening toward the end of next week, sadly, and yet it makes us look forward to that. Quick side note: was anybody else surprised that this past weekend was the last of 2008? To me that is just craziness. I mean where the heck did the year go? I mean I feel like just yesterday that we started this thing and now poof it is a sandwich…I mean gone. Well It has been a great year full of fullness and stuff. I mean really great memories and times that I can really look back on and see how the Lord has shaped me to become who I am. Sorry, that wasn’t much a quick side note. Anywho, the year 2009 should be very good.

I must say it time for reflections on a year past and a time of resolutions for the year to come. People are often spending time thinking of how much weight they are going to try and lose or what fun new hobby they want to try out. I think that this should be a time of personal gospel review. What I have I done in the gospel this year? What do I want to try and get out of it this year? How can I help bring someone to the gospel this year? So at this wonderful time of goal setting and deal making, make some for our Father in Heaven. He won't let you down like some of those diets will. Well I hope that you all have a great week and well a happy new year as well. Man it is still weird to think that this year is pretty much over and that my black out year is gone away. Its seems like just yesterday I started this whole thing, where did it go? I guess some time I will have to sit down and think about it….right now I’m too busy, the Lord has plans. Well I love you all, have a great week.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: