Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gooble Gooble...Touchdown!

Hey there Family,

Well I was so glad to hear that all is going well for each of you and that you had a wonderful holiday weekend. Sounds like you had quite the crowd for dinner on Thanksgiving, I’m not too sure how all of you fit in that house but, hey, if you were able to do it - more power to you. Well my Thanksgiving was pretty good. This whole story really goes back a few days. It starts on Monday. We had dinner and it was really good - spaghetti, one of my favorites. Well, we were riding home and I just didn’t feel very good whatsoever. So we got home and I went in and laid down right away. To make this long story short I laid there a little longer and then I realized it wasn’t going to be a fun night. The funny thing is I actually said that to myself in my head that night as I was changing my clothes….the way I felt I knew that it wasn’t going to be a good night. Sadly, I was right. I ended up being up the majority of the night, ”taking care of business.” I don’t know about any of you, but I don’t want to be apart of that business ever again. So my week was a very long, slow one. We spent time letting me get back up to speed in the health department. Back to Thanksgiving: well, I had just gotten back to normal…sort of….well I wasn’t really in the mood to play any football and as we had a missionary turkey bowl...I just went in support…and ended up being the coach! It was really fun and funny. I got to throw my hat around, yell at people and do all the things that coaches do. It really was fun….sadly we only went 1-1 and we lost the championship 2-1...but it was a very close game! We had a chance on the last play of the game to score and tie it all up but the pass was incomplete…so we lost, but hey I had a great time and I know that everyone else did too. I mean, come on! When you get to give a fake pep talk to 30 missionaries…how can you not have a great time, right? As for Thanksgiving itself: it was great. We ended up only going to one of the dinners because I knew that my stomach could only handle so much before it would explode again….so I it took it easy and only ate like a plate full of mashed potatoes. We ate with a really nice family. They are the Todd’s and they are really great people. After dinner we played Pictionary…but it was Pictionary Man and it had these little figures you would draw on and it was really cool….I suggest you look into it as a great party game. So that was our Thanksgiving holiday. Mostly me being sick with a few good times mingled in.

We had transfer calls on Saturday night and Elder Degering and I will be staying here in the area….which in the end I think will be a good thing. We have started to build trust here and then to have had one of us leave so quickly would have had major problems with it. So we will be together through to January! That is so crazy to me! I was filling out my new planner yesterday because I am a big nerd when it comes to them and I was writing in the dates and it was weird to think that after this transfer cycle I will only have one left and then it is all over…but I am trying to not focus on that right now. We have a ton of things to do in this area….starting with getting some investigators and then getting some converts. Hopefully we will be able to do that soon.

This week really has been uneventful for us because of my sickness….I wish it were the other way…but your body is your body and you have to listen to it. I mean it is one of the greatest gifts that we are given from our Heavenly Father so we must really take good care of them otherwise we may make ourselves more miserable while we are here on earth. Well, I hope that you all have a great week and don’t worry, Mom I am doing just fine now and the picture card will be in the mail this week so you should get it soon. Also thank you for letting me know you got my trunky letter. That is always something that brightens my day. Well, I love you all - have a great week.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

Image via here .

No comments: