Monday, December 15, 2008

What has this world come to?

Hidee-Ho Family!

Well, it sounds like things are going pretty well for all of you. A snow day is always a welcome sight! No work, no school….those are the best. Sounds like you have all kept yourselves as busy as possible this week. This next week sounds like more of the same for you. It seems to me as I look back that I have a lot to report on so I guess I better quit stalling. Oh, really quick though….I’m glad you liked the picture card. I forgot got to put a warning in the letter about the “scary” video house tour. Elder Ausmus is hilarious and I love that guy…I am going to talk to president this week about maybe getting to serve with him my last 6 weeks…I hope that maybe it works out….if not….well I will still keep in touch with him after anyway. There have been quite a few missionaries that I have made friendships with and it has been one of the best parts of being a missionary.

Well, as for my week. We had a lot of different things happen here this week. First off, we decided that we wanted to make a picnic for our investigators. So we picked a day and a time and told them to meet us at this park near their house. Well, we couldn’t have picked a worse day. The wind was blowing like two billion miles an hour and it was cold and everything seemed to got wrong. So we made the lunch anyway and packed it up. We RODE our bikes (it may have been faster to walk them) to their house and decided to do the picnic inside. It turned out really well. We had a great time and it was the family's first ever picnic…can you believe it? Well I was glad to be apart of their first picnic. Then later on that night we went to the Deer Springs ward Christmas party. It was a great night and we had some good fun. Then later on that night (I know this night seems to get later and later) anyway…then we helped the Stringers begin delivering the 12 days of Christmas to a family here in the ward. It is like Secret Santa or something. It is really fun and the funny thing is we have dinner tonight with the family that they are doing it to…so it is pretty funny.

Well what else happened this week??? Oh, well, we had a lot of time to do some normal missionary work and so that is always fun. This next week should be pretty busy. We seem to have some sort of something every day this week. Wednesday is our mission Christmas Celebration…quick update as I write this….IT IS SNOWING IN LAS VEGAS…sadly we all know it won't stick….but still there is snow all over the place and it is raining and slushy mix of stuff. Anyway back to the Christmas Celebration. We are meeting as missionaries together and having a big Christmas conference…it should be pretty good. I hope that it is as much fun as last year. Then we have interviews with President McCracken and then it will be Sunday and then Monday again…Holy Cow…I know that this week surely will fly by way to fast.

Well I hope that you all have a great time this week. I hope that the weather works out well and that you are able to have a great time at the Holiday home evening. I hope that you take a lot of pictures and video of each performance….Chanel can you male a DVD like you did before then we can watch it on the Stringers big screen…just like I was there myself. Well, know that I love you and care so much for each of you and that I hope you all have a great holiday season. Oh man! I almost forgot the craziest part of the week. We got asked by one of our bishops to deliver “living” Christmas cards in which we will be singing Christmas carols to neighbors of the members in the ward….So that should be a great experience…got to get my singing voice all tuned up! Oh and I have learned to play the top hand of a few hymns on the piano this week too….it is nice having one in the house you live in. Well like I said, I love all of you so much and hope that you have a great week this week and that everything goes great tonight. Stay warm and safe…and Remember…ITS SNOWING IN VEGAS….what has this world come to?

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: