Monday, December 3, 2007

Holiday Cheer All Around...

Hey Hey,
I must say it seems like this week has gone by very fast. We have had a lot go on and then the change of the month, to now be in December is a little weird I must say. All the holiday lights are up and all the fancy decorations and investigators not being available really makes missionary life feel awesome. Well, for the most part all that is awesome. We have really struggled with our investigators and trying to get them to commit to do anything…mostly just sit down and meet with us…..always a struggle. It makes me think of a song I once heard…..The Endless Battle of the Fork and Spoon…more like the Endless Battle of the Right and Wrong (that’s my new missionary title).

Well anyway this week still has been very fruitful for us. We set two of our investigators with a baptism date for the 8th, and yes, that is this Saturday. We are going by to finish up the teaching this week and then they will be all ready for baptism. I’m so excited. It is a husband and wife who has decided that now is the time to get baptized. They are a nice little family who have a young daughter who is 2 years old….side note…..I think I know what Chanel was like at that age now that I met this girl….she is wild and crazy….but has a great little spirit about her. That has really been the most exciting thing to happen this week…oh the wife hadn’t come to church very much….so I told her I really wanted her to come to church this week and she got off work and came as a family…..it was so cool to see them sitting there and enjoying the blessings of the gospel as a family. It was so cool. Also this week we started teaching a less-active lady who wants to start coming to church again. Her husband who wasn’t a member just passed away and she knows that the gospel will bless her as she comes back to church…she has been a member her whole life and just fell away for a while…her husband wasn’t a member and she kinda used that as an excuse not to do anything with the gospel….But she has resolved to come back and embrace the gospel in her life…it is really cool to see the change.

In other news we got snow this week. That was a really fun day…it snowed most of the morning and gave us a little white holiday cheer…then we did some service in the snow for a member who is struggling with physical problems and needed some weeds pulled. It was really nice to be in the cold working that hard….kept me cool! The member that we helped said…”I'm going to write your Dad and tell him what a good job you're doing”…..so that was nice. Other than that, I hope that all are finding the holiday spirit this time of year….I had a chance to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional last night….it was awesome…really got me in the holiday mood…..we need to remember to give of ourselves, not only gifts….but time and talents as well…..I hope all have a great rest of the week and continue to spread the Holiday Cheer.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: