Monday, December 24, 2007

HO...HO...HO.....

Well Hey,
As I will be talking to you tomorrow…I won't make this too long….but I do have a few highlights I would like to cover….First was on Friday - Santa came Early…some missionaries in my district dressed up as Santa and one of his elves and went to visit investigators and they came by our apartment all dressed up and it was so funny…probably one of the best things I could have asked for this holiday season. Then yesterday I got to go and interview two kids for baptism….it was so cool to interview these little kids who now had the gospel in their lives…..their Mom was a less active member and wanted her two sons to get baptized and so they had the missionaries come and teach the family and it was so cool to be apart of the process…even in a small little way. They were nice little kids and it was fun…the only problem was they live in California up by Lake Tahoe…so we had to drive and hour each way just to do this interview…..but it was worth the drive. Also we saw this way crazy big icicle. It was bigger then me…..it was so crazy…then we made Elder Fechser run through the snow…well he wanted to do it, so we just strongly encouraged it. It was very funny to see him running through thigh high snow in his suit pants….nothing gets better right?????

Well as this is my first Christmas away from home and I haven’t been able to enjoy the family traditions this year, but it has given me some time to think about the true meaning of Christmas and think about what a wonderful gift we have all been given….A Savior….it is truly a pleasure to be His representative and do the work He would do if He were here himself…..I love my Father in Heaven and thank him everyday for my wonderful family….and even more for a Savior. I hope that everyone has a fabulous Christmas…I know I will….I hope all you dreams come true. I Love You all.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: