Monday, December 31, 2007

A HO HO HO....OH and getting stuck in the Snow

Happy New Year,

Well I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and had a great time talking with family or visiting family….or just anything to do with their family. I will let all of you know that I had a great time talking to my family and finding that all is going well with them. I had just a great time talking to them and hearing their voices. But I must say that this week has been one of total craziness….now Chanel told me that I say "this week was so crazy" every week….but this week really was crazy. But I will start with the most important news first: Transfers. Yes, I am leaving…..I’m going to Gardnerville, Nevada. It should be fun…I will be just a nice normal missionary…and let me tell you how happy that makes me: well it makes me very happy to say the least. My new companion will be Elder Tubb and I don’t really know him too well but I am excited for the new change and no leadership. I hope that all will go well.

Now to the Crazy part of the week. Other then talking to my family, I had some good times this week. So as I said last week, we went to North Tahoe to do a baptism interview for some little kids….and by little I mean 8 and 10. Anyway their baptism was on Thursday night. So I wanted to go back up there and see them get baptized…so we hopped in the car and rode up with the Spanish Missionaries. As we were getting closer and closer the snow started to fall more and more and more and more….and more…well you get the point….we made it to the church and were there for the baptism. But now it was time to drive home….and we couldn’t…they were requiring chains on all cars or snow tires…well as missionaries we aren’t supposed to be driving in weather conditions like that. Thankfully some very nice members were willing to have us come and stay at their home for the evening….we were so grateful. They gave us a ride back to their house and we were able to stay the night and come back to Reno the next morning when the roads had been cleared. We made it back nice and safe and no animals were harmed by our driving…or humans. The people we stayed with were the Jones’ and they have an amazing house. It is like my perfect dream winter home up by Lake Tahoe….they live in Truckee so their not too close to Tahoe…but just close enough. It was an amazing home…I will include a picture of us in their home. They were so nice that they said we could come back today and go sledding in their backyard…they have a sled track that he dug out of the snow and it is so cool…I’m very excited to go back up there and see them again.

Well like I said transfers calls were Saturday night…and yes, I really am leaving for Gardnerville….I am actually pretty excited about the new area….I hear that it is a really pretty place to live and there are lots of nice people there. I will be covering only a 1 ward and 1 branch so that will be a nice change….I just seem to be covering smaller and smaller areas now….it is actually quite nice. It will be another Double Transfer though…every time but one that I have been transferred in it has been a double transfer…so I don’t really like them very much…but life goes on….right??

Well I hope that everyone has a great New Year and if 2008 goes by as fast as 2007 then I just won't know what to do with myself…I have spent most of this year either on my mission or preparing for my mission….and I must say that if there is anyone who is thinking about going on a mission and not quite sure if they should do it…..go for it! This has easily been one of the best years of my life. I have had so much and grown so much that I can’t wait for 2008 to get here. It is going to be so much fun to see what the New Year holds, I hope it holds many blessings for me and also for all of you. Again I hope that all of you had a great Christmas…and I hope you have a great 2008.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: