Monday, November 26, 2007

Gobble Gobble Gobble......

Hello,
A great big hello, and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope you all got a chance to eat as much turkey and pumpkin pie as I did. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We were able to have a dinner with a great family from Denmark. They have been in the states for over 30 years so, yes, they know what Thanksgiving is. I was worried when they signed up that I wasn’t going to get turkey this year. But they cooked some very good turkey and let us enjoy in all the normal thanksgiving traditions. It was nice. We then went to another family's house for the evening….they called in the morning to make sure we had plans for the day and so we went over after dinner to hang out and enjoy Thanksgiving.

Let me tell you about this family really quick though….the husband is a fertility doctor….when I asked what he did for work his words were….”I make celebrities pregnant.” He is one of the top 5 doctors in his field in the nation…..which means……they are crazy loaded. I haven’t seen so many pies and food and just stuff in all my years of Thanksgiving….it was amazing. We basically went and played in their game room with the family the whole night and then their kids played some music for us….their son is in band at BYU and the other son is taking drum lessons so they jammed for like 30 minutes….it was really fun to watch. They are a great family and love to have……..oh and I forgot to say the Dad loves Lord of the Rings….so much that he had a actual hobbit sized house built in his back yard….I’m serious - it is amazing….pictures will come soon….of me with the Frodo cut out in the hobbit house. Oh man it is so cool…..they said we could live in it if the mission president would let us. I don’t think that will be happening any time soon. But I can dream anyway…..Other than that we had a great day….We played a missionary turkey bowl in the morning….my team went 2-0 and won the whole thing….with me as QB….I wasn’t great…we just won and that’s what counts…

Well the rest of the week was pretty slow…we had transfers on Tuesday night…now we have 3 greenies being trained in a zone of 12 people….lots of new missionaries. It makes it fun to learn things all over again though and look back to the time I was being trained….like only 6 months ago. Well, I love all of you and hope that you all had a great turkey day and that the rest of the holiday season treats all of you right. May each of you continue to be blessed for the service you do each and everyday…I love you all and hope that you week goes well…..talk to you in December.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: