Monday, November 5, 2007

Well What a week.......

Well Hello There,
I hope that everyone has had a really good week and that your headaches from eating too much Halloween candy are gone. Well, speaking of Halloween: this year was alright. Not too exciting. We went and took Sister Smith to the airport and sent her back to Temple Square in the morning and then the new sister came out a little later in the afternoon. She is really cool, Her name is sister Nilsson and she is from Sweden…..really that’s all I know. So anyway, back to Halloween: we then went and did some missionary work….really, holidays aren’t too effective because people are so stressed out they just want it to be the next day. So it was kind of a hard day. But we had a good time anyway….

One thing I should say is that last week the Zone Leaders got into a car accident and so they still don’t have their car back. So we have spent pretty much every day together this week. We are basically in a foursome with them, which is cool….they are two way cool guys…one of them is Elder Wells (if you look at the temple pictures, he is on Dixon’s left). So we drive them around and help them do stuff….just thought I would throw that in there so you understand all that happened this week.

Well, we had Zone Conference this week, so that was way cool. It seems like I hadn’t seen President Andrus in like years. I had a good interview with him. It is a little different being a trainer and district leader. So it went a little longer then normal but it was good. He gave me words of encouragement and a little glimpse into what the future holds for me a little bit down the road…after training and stuff. It was weird to hear him say stuff like that. Then he gave a great training on how missionaries need to work with members more and also better. Start with the bishops and work your way down from there. So the word I have for the Bishops or Stake Presidents who read this letter…..Help the missionaries out….and then get people to teach in your home….you are the example to many…if you lead they will follow….

Well, I look back and this was a good week. We have a good week ahead and then the transfer is almost over and then who knows what will happen next. Well I hope you have a good week and that all goes well. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: