Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dont Hold Your Breath....Here It is

Well Hello To Everyone,
Sorry that this is coming to all of you a day late. But when you hear about the crazy week that it was well, then you might just get a glimpse of the week that was the craziest so far. This past week we had District meeting…this was my first as a District leader. That went pretty well and I felt pretty good. Then we had another good one today….but that is beside the point. The one last week was good and I wasn’t too nervous about being up there training other missionaries. It was kind of a fun day. Right after District meeting we got a call to go give someone a blessing. So we went to this nursing home slash horse pistol….a.k.a. hospital. We gave this very nice older lady a blessing to get better and so that was really well. It was Elder Fechser’s first time being able to do so. He was a little nervous when she asked him to give the blessing. He did just fine. Nothing to worry about.

Pretty much from there it has been crazy. I would say that my title has turned a little more from missionary to chauffeur. We have some sisters in our Zone and they don’t have a car right now. And their area is really big and so they have trouble getting around sometimes, so we have been helping out a lot and giving them rides. The cool thing is that they are two of the best sisters in our mission. The sad thing is that one of them is from Temple Square and is leaving tomorrow to go back there to finish out her mission. So it has been fun getting to know her and also being able get to know them. Anyway, back to driving people around. Our ZL’s got into a wreck yesterday, so we have been driving them around as well now, so our time is filled with a lot of driving around and then we fill in the rest of the time with teaching and other missionary work. It has been kind of tough because I want to work in our area but they do need to do work, too. It has been fun to get to know the other missionaries in the Zone.

Well to add to some of the craziness, our zone has gotten into a bit of a prank war…let's just put it this way….it has been a lot of fun and if you want to know what has gone down just send me an e-mail and I will write you back. But it has been a lot of fun the last few days….especially with the sister that is going back to Temple Square….The reason why I didn’t e-mail is because we took her and the Zone to Virginia City…and took an old western photo up there. It was a lot of fun to be up there with the Zone and still only have it be a few people. This Zone is really growing on me. Especially since we have been doing all the pranks/bonding.

Well I hope that all have had a good week and that you are doing well. I want you all to know I think and pray for you often. I love you and please keep me updated all on the goings on. I would love emails or snail mail too….your choice. Again I love you.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: