Monday, October 8, 2007

Well I guess you want to know.....

Well Hello There,
Well - I will start first with the big news that everyone has been waiting for. So I guess that all the training of playing “Do you love your Neighbor?“ up in Cascade really helped. Why??? Because that is the game we played for transfer call on Saturday…I won the first round - so I got to find out my assignment first. Well, I guess you want to know what is happening….I am being transferred…the nice thing it isn’t too far away. I going to South Reno. Also, I will be training a new missionary, and I will be a district leader for the first time as well, so that will also make this next transfer very interesting. I’m kinda nervous because it is a lot of new things all at once, but I guess there is a reason that I have been given this challenge. So that is the big news. I’m leaving North Reno for South Reno.

Also this past weekend was general conference. It was so cool to see an new member of the First Presidency get called, and a new Apostle a well. I was so glad to hear that Elder Eyring is now President Eyring. He has really started to grow on me, and now we will get to hear from him more and more. It was so nice to have a chance to go and hear form the general authorities of the church. I can’t wait until all the talks come out in the Ensign so that we can read them, that’s really when I understand more what they were saying. It is hard to say which talk was my favorite, so don’t ask. But I did enjoy a lot of them.

One cool missionary thing that happened this week was that we started to teach this mother and daughter who have started coming to church. As a missionary if you can get people to church they have a great chance to feel the Spirit and then a greater chance to get baptized. Well they have been coming for about a month now and that hard part is over. They love the church and really have felt the Spirit. We finally were able to start teaching them: we had two lessons this week and they both went really well. And last night Elder Dixon was sick. So we showed them the movie The Restoration. It is one of my favorite church movies. They are really cool people and have talked about baptism as something they really want to do. They just have to set a date. So I’m glad that I will be in Reno still to be there for their baptism.

Well we also went to the Temple on Wednesday. That was a really a great day. Other then that we didn’t really have much else happened. Well I want everyone to know that I love you and hope that you all have a great week. Know that I will keep you all in my prayers. I hope you do the same for me. Well, have a good one. I love you.

Love,
Elder Taylor

P.S The pictures are from the Rapps.

No comments: