Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Subject: So that happend

Hey,

So everyone calm down - I’m not dead. I still love you, even though I haven’t seen cookies in a while, all is well. Our P-day got moved just for this week. The reason for this one week change was a very special one and I will talk more about that in a minute or just a few lines down. This week has been a good one. We had a lot of missionary meetings and the last four days have been crazy.

I guess I will start with Friday: Elder Dixon is the district leader and there was a big leadership training, so he had to go to that. So, I went on splits with some other missionaries so that was fine. That took most of the day, and so there wasn’t much time to do anything else in our area that day. Then on Saturday President Andrus was still in Reno and so he had his companion call us (Sister Andrus) and ask if he could come to District Tract. Quick side note: District Tract is when a whole district gets together in one companionship's area and go tract part of it out. Back to the story, so he came out with our district and that was really cool. Now when I say cool I mean, I am glad he didn’t go tracting with me. The one cool thing to see is that he not only talks the talk, but walks the walk, literally. He tells us to do something and he does it to. He loves to go tracting from what I hear, and he even goes out and talks to 10 people every day also. That is something that he has been telling missionaries to do since he came out. Then he took us out to lunch and did like a mini zone conference with us, so that was really cool to have him go out with us, and hey free lunch right??????

Then comes Sunday. As I have said before, Sunday is a long day, but this one was just a little bit longer then normal. We, (and by me I mean Elder Dixon and myself) were asked to speak on missionary work in a Sacrament meeting. It went well and we talked about how to be better member missionaries. Then President Andrus was asked to speak in the third hour of that ward. I sure do love 5th Sundays. So we went and listened to that. Now let me run back just a second. He invited Mr. Richard Heaton to come to the ward meetings that day. President couldn’t be there so Mr. Heaton came. Now the only reason I even bring up his name is because he is the Director of the MTC. Yeah - and he is really big in the Missionary department of the Church. So let’s just say that when someone comes to your sacrament meeting like that and you’re speaking on Missionary work, you get a little scared. And by a little I mean a lot. The talks went well and he told us later we did a good jerb, so that’s always nice to hear you know a little about what you’re talking about. Then later that night we went to a training on phase two of the media program. Brother Heaton did that, and let me tell you what, the LDS church is really trying something very new here. It is really an honor to be a part of this pilot for the program. They really are trying to make people think about what they believe. We got to see a sneak peak at the new commercials that start today; they are amazing, and really powerful.

So now to why P-day was moved. Yesterday we had another special training by Brother Heaton, It was so cool. He trained us on how to be better missionaries and how to allow the Spirit guide us in our missionary work. That may not seem like an amazing reason to move p-day, but it was so worth it. It made me look at the way I do things and as a companionship, we do things. Do really allow the Spirit to direct us all the time? I pose that question to all of those who read it. I know it is often hard to know what the Spirit is saying and what is wants you to do. Sometimes we feel like we need to talk to people, but what do we say to them? Well has members we have the gift of the Holy Ghost to prompt us on what to say, we just need to ask for it. Now read back and see how easy that last statement really is. All we have to do is ask Heavenly Father what our friends or neighbors or the guy in line at Haggen (I know I’m shameless)need to hear and then we just need to show our willingness to serve and we will be blessed to help others receive the blessing we have and love. We have a gift that we need to share with people as much as possible and most of the time we don’t realize the missionary opportunities we pass up everyday. We just need to pray and ask for the guidance to do what is needed of us. I love you all very much, my time is running out, I’m so glad that all is well. Have fun in Boise this week and say hi for me. Also glad to hear the wedding went well. Dad, stay out of Victoria's Secret, and don’t give mom ideas any more. I love you guys and will talk to you next week, normal day, normal time.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: