Monday, July 23, 2007

Subject: This week in top stories...how small the world is...

Hello to one and all,
The "all" being whoever will read this. Anyway this week has been one that has been kinda crazy. We had transfers this past week and my new companion’s name is Elder Dixon, he is a really cool guy. He is black and from North Carolina. But don’t worry is not a Duke fan, he is a Tar Heel through and through. I had to ask him which team he liked when we met, and I told him his answer could end our companionship. He answered correctly and things have been going great ever since. You see: a love for the Tar Heels really can bring people together.

Anyway Elder Dixon is a way cool guy, he has been out about 18 months and has less time to serve than I’ve been out, and he takes every opportunity to let me know that. It has been kinda weird though. The reason I say that is because I get to drive the car around and I know the area and the investigators, so this week has kinda been like my senior week and until he gets to know people, I kinda plan everything. I will always get to drive though, because he doesn’t have driving privileges and I really didn’t think about it this week but they said I get to drive anyway, so that makes it nice. Anywho, this week has been really busy.

As you already know I saw Dain Craig this past Tuesday. He was at his wife’s parents house and we were there teaching a lesson. He sat in and is was really crazy, I was sitting there the whole time teaching and thinking “I know this guy, where do I know him from?” then he said he had family in Vegas. I was like "oh, who??" And he said "Oh just, you know that one Ken Craig guy." AND I WAS LIKE "I SO KNOW THAT GUY!!!" And then it all fell into place. He remembered me as the kid who lost his Coldplay ticket and then got it back at the lost and found. It was really cool to see him and it just shows how small a world it really is. Also to prove how small a world it is: I was talking to Elder Sanderson before he left about Bill Boland, He was like "Wait, I know a guy name Bill Boland, didn’t his mom get an a car accident?" I was like "Yeah a few months ago", he said that Bill had made him and his companion dinner and that they were teaching his mom. I was like "HOLY COW!" Small world I know. He knew his brother Dave, I think that’s his name. Wow small world I know.

Other than those crazy days nothing too exciting to report. My new Companion in really cool, I’m running low on time today so I will make the rest of this brief. I love you all so much. Good luck to everyone who has craziness this week, and to Ashley and Zack congrats on getting married! Holy cow that sounds weird to say, very weird. I hope that everyone keeps on keeping on.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: