Monday, June 4, 2007

A new place to serve...

This is the letter from June 4, 2007:
Subject: The Biggest Little city in the world...you better get ready!

Hey Hey,

Well here we are again! It's a beautiful summer day in Winnemucca. The sun is shining and the wind is blowing like crazy, as always (I know you hate the wind, Mom). Well let's start with the big news: I'm being transferred to Reno. So that's cool! I'm sad to leave Winnemucca and the members and of course, my awesome companion. The way I look at is that there is someone that needs me in Reno right now, so that is where I need to be. I will also be in a Car. This is nice because it is starting to get really freaking hot here. All in all I have had a good time here in Winnemucca and will look back with fondness at my time spent here.

Now on to the good stuff. We went to Reno to go to the temple on Wednesday. I don't know if you have ever been in a small temple like that, but coming from the Portland temple, it is really small. You turn around and you're in a whole new place and hit someone in the process, not really but close. It was so nice to have the time to be in the temple and I really look forward to all the times I will be able to go. I love the temple - it brings such peace to my day. Then we got to go to "the book store," which I never really liked before but as a missionary it is the most amazing store and we all end up spending more money then we have (don't worry mom, I used you name so you now have a ton of points at the bookstore, don't you love me???) The trip to Reno was all day and it was so worth it.

Then this past Saturday was the First Annual Winnemucca Stake 3-on-3 basketball tournament. Yeah it was awesome! We were late because we were doing service for neighbor lady, but we made it for the skills competition, and there was a 3-point and free throw contest. Well guess who won the 3-point competition?! Yeah that would be ME!!!!!!! I won in a sudden death playoff, and it was awesome with tons of people watching. It was one of the coolest things I've done in a while. The first thing I said to Elder Filter after I won was, "My mom would be so proud of me". Then I lost the free throw contest in a playoff to the stake president's son. I should have beat him though, I had two chances and I blew them both. But it was still cool then we played an all-star team from the tournament at the end when everyone was watching - it was packed. We played half court and lost by 2, but we had this member who was a total ball hog and wouldn't pass the ball, but we still almost won. Saturday was a fun day.

Well that's really all the exciting things that happened here this week. I will have some good stories to tell next week about my new area I'm sure. Know that I love you all and that I hope that all is well. My health is great - no need to worry at all. I am very excited for my new adventure and all the new ones at home. Yes, I got the graduation announcement in the mail, it made me sad though, that I cant be there, but knowing all of you the amount of pictures will make me feel like I'm there. Take some pictures of the yard and send them along. Take lots of pictures as I try to do the same. I miss you all and love you even more, but this is the Lord's time and I love to serve my Father.

Love
Elder Taylor

Since he's off to Reno, Elder Taylor said good-bye to some of his
awesome, favorite famillies in Winnemucca
Elder Taylor with the Dennis family
The Gibsons and Elder Taylor
It's good to know someone...Elder Taylor and the Smiths

No comments: