Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The letter from May 29, 2007

***EDITOR'S NOTE: Since the library was closed for Memorial Day, we got a letter today instead of Monday, as usual...***

Subject: It's Time to RUN-A-MUCCA


Well Hey,

Man this week was crazy; we were really busy all week. It was really nice to stay busy all day, everyday. We had appointments everyday and pretty much all day. We met with this lady, whose name is Jennifer and she is really nice, her only problem was a dirty house...when we left I had a sticky substance on the seat of my pants, to that was nice. She was really cool and very nice. She really felt the spirit in the appointment and accepted a commitment to be baptized on June 30th, so that was the best part.

Then this past weekend was the Run-A-Mucca, which is a big biker fest they have here in little olWinnemucca. It was actually really cool and we went down and did some contacting. Try and picture a missionary at a biker party and that was us. It was so much fun though, it would have been better had we not been missionaries and gotten all the sideways looks for every single person. But all in all it was cool; I even bought a shirt to remember it by.

One thing that I have noticed is that I really enjoy the teaching opportunities we have each day, and I have also noticed all the ones I missed when I wasn’t a missionary. I think back on all the people who asked me questions that I didn't have the answers to or I was to afraid to give them the answer. Now I have the answers and the courage that it takes to answer the questions. I always seem to wish I had time machine so I could go back and be a better member-missionary. All the time I wasted not doing anything really pushes me to do my best out here. As I’ve seen the effects that members have on missionary work I encourage all of you who read these letters to just do a little bit more. I know that sometimes it is hard to step out of our comfort zone, but that just might be what it takes to have someone want to learn about the restored gospel. I have seen so joy on the faces of the people we teach when it all clicks, God loves us, he gives us prophets to guide us and books to gain knowledge and love from. As we apply those teachings into our lives the blessings that will flow will be so great we won't have room enough for them, I know that seems like a bold promise but it is true and I know so because I have seen the change in my life and I know this message can bless others as well. That's why I’m here, to share the blessings I receive everyday with the world. I hope everyone that reads this knows I love them very much and that as we apply the gospel to our lives we can feel those wonderful blessings.

Love,
Elder Taylor

P.S Thanks for the box of goodies, and the Roses are awesome!

No comments: