Monday, May 7, 2007

the letter from May 7, 2007

Hey There Folks,

There seemed to be a central theme in all the emails this week! Is Mother's Day coming up soon or something????? Just kidding! It's less then a week away, and let me tell you I'm really excited about talking to you guys. I will try and call late for Dad or really early and like 6:30 or something, I am not sure. It will probably be around 7 or 8 at night though. We haven't planned that day out yet but you will hear from me when you can all be there. I know you don't like me saying that but I just don't know yet.

Now on to other news, we had a zone meeting this week. I have been holding in some news from you all until I knew all the info so here it is. [EDITED FOR CRUELTY, bwa ha ha!]

So last week I told you about how Jonathan was going to drink a Cigarette milkshake. Well he did it. I have a 14 minute video of him doing the whole thing. It was so gross, but he said that the cravings are gone, and he hasn't smoked for a couple days. Really though it was so gross and he was "the man" for trying it at all. It looked like a rotten Butterfinger milkshake. But picture this: they have a drive-up smoke shop and that's where we bought him cigarettes, 4 elders buying cigs, it was pretty funny.

This past Thursday was Elder Filter's one year mark, and in true Chanel Taylor fashion I bought a cake, and we had a little party for him, so yes missionaries do have fun. Then on Friday Elder Filter and I went contacting all day. The only problem was it snowed, and hailed and rained and we had sun for like an hour. It was crazy, but we still talked to over 100 people and taught 15 lessons in the street and got 6 new investigators, then we got 5 more on Saturday too. This past week was my "Senior Companion" week so I had the idea of all day contact. About all day tracting, let me tell you: I don't like tracting. I don't like it when people come to my house and bug me, so I don't. Maybe I will some day, but I sure don't want to. But still, it was a good weekend.

Well this week is going to have to be a short note and next week will be too. But a least you will hear my voice. Please don't cry too much - I really don't want to hear that - but if you must, you must. I love you guys a lot and I will being watching for the UPS man or woman like a hawk today. I love you all and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: