Monday, May 21, 2007

a letter on May 21, 2007

Subject: We're off like a herd of turtles.....

Hey Guys,
Man, this past week sure did go by slow. We did a lot of travel, as you know Zone Conference was Thursday, and when my alarm went off a 4:10 a.m. I was a little less then pleased. But it all ended up being worth it, because Elder Body and Smith got a new car, so they had to drive to zone conference to get the new one, so we split up into threes. I went with the Crookstons and Elder Filter went with Body and Smith. So I slept the whole way there, it was sure a nice nap. Zone Conference was very good. It's always nice to hear and see President and Sister Andrus. The theme for this transfer is planning: nightly, weekly and lesson planning. It was nice to hear of more effective ways to plan and teach. Also, that is crazy that Bill was in Carson City the same time I was! I would have loved to try and set something up but we had to beat knees out of there to get home on time. It is a three hour drive back to the middle of no where, oh I mean Winnemucca.

I really am struggling to find more this to talk about other then Zone Conference. This week was long and slow. We have been working hard and teaching a lot, but no one wants to come to church. I mean I know it's three hours but really who wouldn't want to hang out with the missionaries all day? I know that I would. Still we are working with some really cool people and the transfer is almost over - it is so weird to think that three months ago today I went into the MTC. The time keeps going faster and faster. I am still enjoying every minute of this work, we work hard all day and in this heat it doesn'€™t make it too much fun. So we get creative with all the things we do. We go "Water Tracting", where we try and see how much water we can get on each street and at night. We bought some glass mugs and we put them in the freezer and put some cold washcloths in the freezer too. Then when we get it, it is nice and cold.

Well I feel bad that this is so short, all is going well and I am feeling fine. No cold, just dry throat in the morning, you know I live in a desert so that is bound to happen. You let Mike Morris know that if he wants to move down here I know the local Century 21 owner and he could make him a sweet deal on a double wide by the BLM. Just to let you know other then double wides there's nothing else there, now that I think about they might all be single wides. Really though this town is great and when ever I get transferred I will miss it very much. I just hope I can say that about all the areas I serve. This has been the most amazing three months, the things I've learned are great and the life experience is just as cool. Living on your own is great, especially when your parents pay for it too. I miss and love you all very much and hopefully I will have some good stories for you all next week.

Golfing last week, with the other three elders.
(a Cinderella story...tears in his eyes...235 yards to the hole...using a 3 iron)
Elder Filter (with tongue) and Elder (tan) Taylor

No comments: