Monday, June 11, 2007

Reno 411

Subject: Man o' Man has this week been crazy.....

Hello to all,
Man, Reno is amazing! The weather has been perfect and just everything has been awesome. Except on Friday afternoon I got a little stomach sickness, so we stayed in most of Saturday and went out that night. Have no fear - all is well now, and I’m running at 100%. This week has just been crazy. We have a lot of work in this area. We cover the Reno 3rd ward, Peavine Mountain and Mogul wards. 3 wards is a lot. In Winnemucca I covered one and thought that it was crazy to do that. Church yesterday was long, though. Going to three wards is a long day. But we had 4 total investigators come to Sacrament meeting, so that was really nice.

Well, we will start with Elder Sanderson. He is from Casper, Wyoming and he is really cool. He just got called as district leader, and he has been out for 9 months. We have a great time together. I was sad to leave Elder Filter in Winnemucca, but it had to be done and plus, Reno is way better. However, I will miss the members there every much. Our apartment is super nice, probably in the top 5 in the mission. It is 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. That’s right - I get my own bathroom, it is really cool. Don’t worry, Mom we will do another Cribs thing and send it along. This whole area is amazing; we even have the temple just up the street from our apartment. So we got that going for us which is nice.

Like I said, the work here is going crazy we have a lot of really cool investigators and the members here love to do anything to help out, so that makes our job even easier. Also the media program is in full swing up (or down, depending upon where you read this) here so that makes it easy for us to talk to people about the church. When you cover three wards your pool opens up even more. Our area goes all the way out to the California border which is really cool. In fact we had dinner with some members who live pretty close to the border and that was an awesome dinner. Well, not really, because I was starting to get sick and didn’t eat much, but the member builds historic houses for people. He built his daughter an 1800’s French château, it was so cool, like being in France I guess, but I didn’t have to go there. Also, he is building his own house now to be some Welsh cabin of sorts. He gave us a tour and it is really cool. So when I get home I will call him up and have him build me a house. Man, the members here are just sweet. Get ready for this, Connie your going to die when I tell you this! We have a member who is in the Gladys Knight choir. Yeah that's right - she sings in the Choir. We had dinner with them the other night and she told us she was in the Choir like it was no big deal! I was like "my aunt loves her like crazy!!" So there is your celebrity news for the week.

Well, I know I left out a lot of very important information this week - so just send me a questionnaire with the questions you want to know and I will do my best to fill it out. I few quick shout outs. First, to Brent and MaryKate: on the arrival of Reagan. Another goes out to Chanel: congrats on Graduation! I wish I could be there, but I’m having more fun doing this - well, not really, but it is a close second. And last but not least, is to Dad: I hope you have a Happy Father's Day. I know it has got to stink to live with two women all the time, so just know that my bed is always there for you to sleep. You have been an amazing influence in my life. I find myself saying things I know you would say everyday, stupid or smart, you would say them. I want everyone to know how much I love all of you. I hope all is going well. Remember to send pictures of this week and weekend and I will try and do the same. I love you all, I love this work and I love my Savior even more.

Love,
Elder Taylor

P.S. Transfers are just right before Bill comes to Reno. Hopefully, I will still be in the area and get to see him. I would love to do lunch with him if he wants to!

No comments: