Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A letter on June 24, 2007


Subject: The Gauntlet, the sick day, and so much more...

Holy Cow Man,

I really don’t know why I started the letter out that way but, anyway. Oh, now I remember, it was because of the amazing stack of pictures I got in the mail the other day - holy cow that was a lot of pictures! I want to send some home so you guys need to send me the other card and I will send it on it's way. I’m glad to see some green finally. Elder Sanderson said “Man, it's so green there!!!!” I was like "no duh, that’s what I’ve been trying to tell you." Anyway this week has gone by so fast, now that I am used to the new area I’m having more fun. The only bad thing is we call Sunday “The Gauntlet.” They are so long and even more crazy. We cover 3 wards that thankfully all meet in the same building, which looks exactly like the Beacon Hill building by the way - carpet basketball court and everything. It is just a really long day: we are there from about 8 in the morning until a bout 4:30 or 5 in the evening, and so it is just a long day.

Like I said this week was crazy fast. Being with a district leader, he has to go on splits with all the companionships during the transfer. So this past Friday I was with Elder Coles. He is from Canada and he is really cool, the only problem is that he got sick. So we had to stay in all day, which as a missionary is not as much fun as it used to be. I used to love to do that and now I just feel like a waste. But we need our rest, too, so that was nice, and I’m not complaining about a nap. That is one thing I will never do! Also we have 2 people set for baptism, so we have been meeting with them and talking with them a lot, so that keeps us busy. We have kind of been playing the waiting game with some of our investigators lately, but this week they all have time to meet with us. Our week is almost full already and it is just Monday, who knows what will happen the rest of the week. Also we have Zone Conference this week. So I’m really looking forward to that as well, because right after Zone Conference President Andrus does investigator firesides, and this will be my first one. Since I’ve been in Winnemucca we never had a way to get people to come to them, but now it is so close. So I am really looking forward to that, we are going to try and get as many investigators as we can to come to that.

This past week, I was reading in the Book of Mormon in my spare time. We don’t get a lot of that so we usually try and do other things but I made the goal to read it as much as possible. As I have been doing so I have just been feeling so good and peaceful. It is truly an inspired book. You can truly gain a greater love of the Savior as you read it. I challenge all to read it as much as possible. Now that I’m done with that I’m starting on the Bible, I know it will be tough but it can be done. I love you all very much and hope that all continues to go well.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: