Wednesday, February 18, 2009

LAST CALL...

Hello,
So it seems to me that I have been here before, I think I have been here, writing e-mails and reading the wonderful letters that I have gotten over that last two years. It really does seem to me that this time has just flown by. I feel as though my time has been too short, that I haven’t been able to do enough. Yet as I lay reflecting on the last two years, I have been able to think of all the times and people that I have come in contact with. I say “laying down” because it seems that at night is where it hits me the most. I know that I am one day closer to the end. That is both a wonderful sight and something I want to turn and run from. Having the chance to get on with the rest of my life, it is a scary thought. This life, while we do have the difficulties that we have, is a little easier. It is simple; we just worry about teaching people, and hope that they will make choices that we know will bless them. We have no bills, other jobs and or really any other cares or worries. The life of a missionary, it is a wonderful time and simple time and I think that is what I might miss the most. The simple nature of what we do. I know that over the coming weeks and months I will probably forget how simple life can be and get caught back up in the hustle and bustle of life, but I know that if we keep things simple then we can have peace and joy in the things we have.
Well this week has been pretty good. I have spent a lot of time getting my things ready so that this week I won’t have to worry about them and can focus my last week and have a fun time in my last full week as a missionary. Though this week has been a very good one. I was so glad to get my last package, and don’t worry Mom…I filled that box and two others….oh I might need to fill one more too. Don’t you love me? Like I said we have had a lot to do. David Edwards got the Priesthood this past Sunday. That was a really cool event. Always good to see someone that you bring to the gospel continue to live it and prepare to live more of the standards that will bless him.
We had Katie Beck’s baptism interview this past week. That went very well and she is set and ready to go for tomorrow night. It should be a really good night and I am so happy that I will get to see one last baptism before I leave. Then after that happens tomorrow, I think I will feel something like a tornado. It will be the final things, my last Sunday, my last p-day, a lot of things I won’t ever do again. Like today, I went to my last ever district meeting. It that was pretty surreal knowing I won’t have to do that ever again. I did however have to sing a solo at the end of the meeting of my favorite hymn. It was pretty funny, and everyone loved it. I sang my new favorite hymn #307 ...one verse. I did a pretty good job. It seems as though my world is slowly being ripped from my grasp, yet I will be able to start a new one that has wonderful potential, even though everything seems to be going down the tubes with the rest of the world….maybe they will let me serve another two years? Still I am happy to have been able to have this chance to serve the Lord. To teach people of his gospel and that we are in this life to prepare to meet God. I know that this gospel is true, I know that all the things that I have thought over the past while and will continue to teach this short little while are real and that they can help anyone, no matter who they are or what they have been through.
Well I love you all so much. I want thank all those who have taken the time the last two years to sit down and write me a letter or two or more. I really have appreciated it. Those who haven’t will hear about it in a little while. I am so glad that I have had this chance and to spread my love to the people here and can’t wait to see those I love back home soon. I love you all. Have a great week, and get something done!
Love,
Elder “Soon to be Just” Geoff Taylor

Image via here

No comments: