Thursday, February 12, 2009

99 Red Balloons....Nope Just One White One!

Hey,
Well it sounds as if you guys were busy with lots of things going on. Seems like you had a great party on Saturday, I wish I could have been there for the paper airplanes. Sounds like tons of fun. But I have to answer a quick question. Chanel asked what the funniest thing was that happened this week? Well, we had a dinner on Tuesday night, and they gave us Kool-Aid to drink, not just any Kool-Aid but the Red kind. Well we went through the evening and had a great time. We left and went to a meeting with our newly called ward mission leader; well as we sat there I realized that Elder Hanson had a red mustache. I had to laugh in my head. Then later when we got home I told him about it, he wasn’t too happy at all. Still to me it was a funny story.
So what else happened? Oh, I had my last zone conference. That was really weird I must say. It was a really stinkin' good one. We had an amazing lunch, I know that that shouldn’t be the first thing that I mention, but it was really good. They had a chocolate fondue fountain - it was amazing. The rest of the meeting was really good and uplifting. It is sort of hard at the same time, I mean I am working hard and having a good time. The things that they were teaching I will try and apply into my missionary work these last two weeks…but it is hard to change and do new things the last two weeks. Still we have to do our best and endure to the end right? President talked about lifting ourselves and doing better. He had a single white balloon. The balloon was us and the helium was the Spirit….we need to make sure that we have the Spirit or we can’t be lifted. Well, after that we went out and I got to cut the balloon lose and watch it lift to new heights. It was really cool. Then we had some cool trainings and stuff. It was really a good day. Sort of surreal though….the last one…I will not go to another…but still I am staying strong.
I got to speak slash bear my testimony in Lynbrook ward. It was my “last” testimony in that ward, and it was good. The whole Sunday was about missionary work. The wards here are really starting to get into it. Since last week’s meeting with Elder Perry it has been the hot topic around here. So we are working with the members to get everything rolling. The sad thing is I am getting this started and the work is moving here…and then I have to leave it. That’s what is making this so hard right now. We have people that we are really teaching and working with and things are going so well, I don’t want to leave. I want to see these people progress and work towards baptism. I thought transfers were hard…this is harder…because I know that I will be leaving. I have to this time. It sort of stinks. Still I have to make do and have a good time.
Well I hope that things stay well for you all back home. Mom: in relation to the elders being around the house…I believe you…and I think it would be great to still have them around. So don’t just kick them to the curb when I get home. I hope you had a great birthday Dad. Oh by the by, Chanel won the award for making me the trunkiest this week…thanks for the countdown. Well have a great week and I love you.
Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: