Thursday, August 14, 2008

It Can't be???? P-day is here again????? YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Well Hello,

First: the libraries here in Carson City just don’t get the job done. We only get half an hour and then we are done. I might just have to write two letters this week and you guys can piece them together. We had a busy week and I can’t believe it…..P-day snuck up on me this week. That never happens….but this week it did. We were leaving a member's home last night and they told us "Happy P-day!" I stopped and said, "Holy cow! Tomorrow is p-day" And I am glad for it. I was glad to read that you guys all had a great time out at the beach this year. Sounds like a good time was had by all this year….I was sad that I couldn’t be there but this just seems to be the year I miss all the big family events….just my luck. It really did sound like a great time. I’m sorry the weather wasn’t that great….because the weather here has been amazing since I got to Carson City. It cools down to about 70 at night and hit mid 90’s in the day…..I dare say that the weather here is perfect.

This week has really been busy. We have been teaching the members around here the Plan of Salvation lesson to try and get them more into doing missionary work rather then doing nothing. It really actually seems to be working and I think I know the members better faster than I have in any other of my areas. They are really nice and let us come and teach them a 20 minute lesson. We also met with some of our investigators this week….I hope that we will have two baptisms here in the month of August. So that should be pretty cool. We are working with a guy named Terry and he used to be a trucker and smoke 3 packs of cigarettes a day. Now he is down to just 5 cigarettes a day….and that is really cool to see someone trying to apply the gospel in there life. Also we started meeting with this guy named Ferg and he is a little crazy, as most people are here, but is a really nice guy. He said that he really loved the lesson and that we taught him a lot he didn’t know about our church. So that was cool and he said we can come by and teach him more.

Well now I have a confession to make….I said in one of my previous emails that I was going to try and finish the Book of Mormon by the end of July. Well I didn’t quite make it….I finished last week. I still have the goal to read the whole thing by the end of the month though. I am half way through Second Nephi and I started on Saturday night. I really do love this book and I hope that those of you who haven’t read it that recently….pick it back up and do so. It really will help you. Your testimony will really grow. I really hope you all will do that. My time is up for now I hope to get back on later….but if not I love you all so much and have a great week.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: