Monday, July 21, 2008

Oh man....are my legs still here???

Hello,

I must start this out by saying how tired I am right now. We just got back from hiking in the Red Rock national thing…..I don’t remember what it is called just that is has a bunch of really tall rocks….that are red. To be honest it was only a good time. I got really tired and realized how out of shape I really am. I got winded like half way up the thing….but I was grateful for having all my amazing rock climbing skills….it really helped. I did end up throwing up like half way up and that sucked because it was all my water intake so far today….so I got really dehydrated….something not so good here in Las Vegas. No need to worry - I am alive and doing well….really, Mom, stop worrying…I’m ok.

I really must say that not to much has really happened over the last few days….this whole P-day on Wednesday thing really messed up the story telling and goodness of things to put in my email….but I will do my best to keep you all glued to your seats for the next few sentences….that is until you get bored and click to an old email or something more interesting. Well now that I’m back….like I said I really am tired. This week has really been a good one. We had some good lessons the last few days. We taught Chemise Jones the other night. It went really well, we talked all about the first 4 principles and ordinances of the gospel. It really helped her, I think. I got to teach about baptism, so I had the member that came with us bring salt and pepper and some dish soap. Some of you may be thinking….what does that have to do with baptism? Well, if use it to teach about baptism, it makes sense. What you do is: get a bowl of water….better for it to be like a soup bowl….less water….doesn’t matter though…it can be big, too….just means you will use more salt and pepper….it is also really good to use a clear bowl. Anyway, you talk about good and bad things people do….salt being good and pepper being bad. As people name things you put one or the other in the bowl….serious things get lots more in the bowl. Well when you're doing this you see that the salt goes to the bottom and sort of unnoticed and the pepper stays at the top covering the water. Then you have everyone try and touch the water to make it clean…..just like we need to be….oh by the way the water is us….people…..anyway….everyone goes around and can't clean it up. Then you secretly put some soap on your finger…..if you're doing the visual…and touch the water…it makes the pepper disperse and you can see the water again…it is made clean. Then you talk about how you need to have the right authority to be baptized and made clean….you can also show everyone that you are putting soap on your finger….but it works way better in secret. They think you're magic. But really what it does is teach that we need to have the right authority and that baptism makes us clean from our sins…or the bad things we do each day. So anyway…she loved it and her friend that was there with her really liked it too. The whole lesson went over really well…we talked about a baptism date of August 2nd….that’s only two weeks away. Holy cow, time goes by so fast! Anyway I hope that she is able to go through with it. Then later in the week we helped one of our investigators move. The great thing is they actually just moved in the ward and so we don’t have to change anything….nice how that works out.

Well transfers are coming up next week. I have no idea where I’m going but I think I will be leaving this area…I mean I will have been almost 6 months in this area, so I will really be sad to leave…I feel like this is home….but if I don’t leave then it really won't be too heart breaking. I really do love this area a lot. I mean I have spent a quarter of my mission in this area. But we will just have to wait and see. Know that I love all of you so much and that I really hope that all is going well for each of you. I think about you and pray for you often. May things keep going your way. Well until next time….stay out of the heat….I know I will.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor


P.S. We got our car last week.....it is a gold 2006 Toyota corolla...what a shock I know....it is getting old though....I think it might go back to the farm soon.

No comments: