Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to Where I Just Came From???

Hello,

Well this week has been a pretty good one, I must say. We had some good appointments this week and I got to say some good-byes…..that's right good-byes….which means I will be leaving this area….and actually Las Vegas all together. I am being transferred to Carson City. I served close to there earlier this year actually. While I was in Gardnerville, we were in the Carson City zone. So I am heading back up to the much cooler northern Nevada. Boy, I must tell you that I am really happy about that! It is about 10 degrees cooler up there I think, maybe more. I will be serving in the Hot Springs and Carson River Wards….at least I think that is their names. I will be in a car and my companion will be Elder Wright. I served around him before while in this area, I think he is from Alaska, if I remember right, he has only been out for about 6 months or so. This will be a fun new challenge for sure. Carson City is known for being a hard area to do missionary work in. So I hope that I will be able to do some good and help as many people as I possible can.

This week was kind of like: "Well, I know I am getting transferred so talk to as many people and say good-bye to as many as you can." We had some good lessons and some fun too. I actually got to go on splits with Elder Fechser this week, too. We had a Zone splits day where we all split up in the zone with someone else. Well the zone leaders picked me and him to go together. Mostly because he has been struggling with things lately and they were hoping that I could provide a boost and a little instruction as to what he needs to do to change. Well, I think it was a great time….we had some fun and tried to get as much done in the area as possible. His area was kind of stinky poo…..mostly because everyone in it lives in a house that cost over 1 million dollars, or more. We did have a great time that day and it was good to try and be of some help to other people to.

That seems to be a key theme for me lately. Charity and service. How can we have more or how can we do more? It just seems that I have heard so much about it lately. The best way I heard it was yesterday. We can't expect to love others anymore than we love ourselves, meaning not that we think we're the best or better then others. We have a respect and understanding of ourselves and that our Heavenly Father loves us too. We must forgive ourselves of things done in the past…..we must repent and they will be remembered no more….then we can keep going on and love ourselves and most important…others.

Well sorry this is short but time is running out and I have a lot to do before I leave for Carson City tomorrow. I love you all so much and have a great day…and week.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: