Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Taylor Family Sealed Together Forever....And I Was There Too!!

Hey there,

I hope that everyone has had a great week! It seems that, by the e-mails, the week a was good one for all. It sounds like Mom has found her new favorite restaurant and I don’t think Dad will have to much of a problem with that at all. Chanel - so glad that you now have a full-time gig….I hope that you enjoy it because I know that the kids will love having you there. Other then that, thanks for the awesome e-mails this week….Dad I hope you got the rest of that check list done the other day. Well - just in case you were wondering I had a great week as well. Many many highlights...so, where to begin…..

Well I guess the best place to start is the end of last week. Sunday I got a chance to confirm Ashley Jensen a member of the Church. She was baptized on Saturday the 12th and she asked me to confirm her. She is a nice little girl….she is 9 years old and she is so funny….kinda reminds me of Chanel at that age….from what I hear. Very kind and loving at first…then she gets to know you and she is a little sass master….so it makes it fun to teach her. So she was baptized like I said, and the baptism service was really really nice. The Spirit was really strong there and lots of tears of joy were shed by one and all. It really a nice service.

Another really cool thing happened this week as well. We got to go to the temple on Friday….with Elder Taylor’s Family. His whole family…his Mom, Dad, brothers and sisters…for real. It was so cool…here is the reason why: his parents adopted three children not long ago and so they were being sealed together. Now, you may ask, "Why the Vegas temple?" Well, he has family that lives in the other Vegas mission. His grandparents and one of his uncles live over in Henderson. So the reason why they came here was because it was also the grandparents 50th wedding anniversary! So, all of his family came out to surprise them. It made me think of when we surprised Grandma and Grandpa Siple for their 50th! Anyway….it was so cool…we got picked up by his uncle on Friday morning and driven over to the temple, (which is beautiful by the way) and went and did an Endowment session and following that the new kids were sealed to their Mom and Dad. It was so cool to see a sealing - I have never been able to do that until now and it was so cool! It made me look a little too far into the future, if you know what I mean. Then we got to spend the rest of the day with his family and go have a party/dinner for his grandparent's….it was a really cool day. Now, don’t worry, we got it all approved and we won't be coming home early. It was all on the level…and again I must say it was so cool…plus since it was the Taylor side of his Family, I fit in perfectly…I was the long lost son they didn’t know they ever had….it was great.

Well other highlights from this last week were I got to go the driving range last P-day…..it had been since October since I had last hit a golf ball and it was killing me. We live right close to the Las Vegas golf club and we drive by it at least 300 times a day. Ok, maybe not that much, but it feels like it! So I took Elder Espanol with me to hit golf balls and guess what Dad?! I can still kick your buns! The best part was when I hit a ball…..Elder Espanol. He watched and said…”Man, its like the Indian god of golf came down and picked up and carried it away himself!” This made me die laughing!! I had to ask him to say it again…to make sure I caught it all….it was so funny.
Also we had interviews with President McCracken. Every time I’m around him I get to know him better and like him even more…he is really a nice guy I really am enjoying having him as my Mission President. Also we went to the hospital yesterday with him and Sister McCracken to visit Brother Wyatt. I talked about him a few weeks ago…well, he is in the hospital now and President wanted to visit him, so he called us and took us, too. I got to say a little prayer at the end as he didn’t really know what was going on, so we didn’t give him a blessing…just a prayer for him and the family. It was a really cool experience.. We also got to teach a new investigator named James last night and it went so well….he had great questions and we were able to answer all of them - it was really cool. Also tomorrow is Zone Conference and so that will be all day…but fun as usual.

Well I love all of you so much….thanks family again for you great letters. I may not say it all the time but they are so perfect and fit each of you perfectly….its like I’m talking to you…but not. Thanks Bishop Wilson for the weekly letters - I love hearing about friends on missions and them going through the same things I am (and sometimes worse). Again I love you all and have a great week.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor


Being silly with Miss Ashley

No comments: