Monday, April 21, 2008

I know My Primary Colors...Do You???

Hello and hi there,
I’m glad to see that everyone has had a great week! I’m so glad that Isaac was able to come and meet you guys. [Editor's note: On Saturday, April 19, a friend of Elder Taylor's, Isaac and Salvador came to visit the us in Portland, Oregon. Isaac and Salvador are from Reno and while on a trip to the Northwest stopped in to say "Hello!" We had a great time!] Just to let you know he did speak very highly of both Mom and Chanel and was sad that Dad wasn’t there…not that he would have been able to hear much from him! He said you guys were hilarious and I’m so glad he was able to see you, too! Oh, and I didn’t know that Sal was going to be there…he is really cool…well, they both are really cool! He did say he loved the Rooster Collection…Mom you really need to quit showing that thing off….it is nice - but come on now! But again he raved about how funny you both were and the pictures he sent are pretty funny….I didn’t know my Mom knew how to take an EMO picture….but she does.

Chanel, Isaac, and Mom - at the Taylor's house!!
Mom, Mom's Roosters, and Isaac
Being funny and silly with Isaac, Mom, and Chanel

Well this week was really pretty good…I told you a lot of what happened last Tuesday, so there won't be to much more to update. One thing is that we had Zone Conference and that was really good. I really do enjoy President and Sister McCracken. Their training were really good. Sister McCracken talked about keeping our apartments clean…and let me tell you we needed it….our apartment has been nasty! When you have four elders living together, life gets really hard….and nasty….so I have had to play Dad this last few weeks to try and keep it clean! And let me tell you….when I’m asked to clean my room ever again…I might do it now…because I have seen some nasty stuff! Don’t worry, my stuff is usually the cleanest part of our apartment…have no fear. President spent most of his training telling us of a few changes he is making so that was really interesting. He has changed how we count other lessons and a few other things…missionary stuff…so it is pretty cool…..it will motivate each of us to work harder. Change is really hard sometimes but we have to realize that when we are asked to make a change it is always for the better…it still maybe be weird or hard…but it will totally be worth the effort. So for those of you trying to make changes, remember it maybe hard but totally worth it.

Another cool thing that Mini Me and me did this week (oh, I call Elder Taylor "Mini Me" in my head sometimes…so that’s who I’m talking about) were asked to go to Primary yesterday and share about how we are following the prophet. It was really fun….so much fun that I remembered what Dad had challenged me to do: go to primary and see what the kids do. So we stayed for senior Primary and it was really fun. It really took me back and made me feel really sorry for my past primary teachers….but I always have time to repent so: I’m sorry to those teachers to whom I was a major pain in the butt…I promise I have changed…really. But really it was such a great chance to go and see the Primary kids and hear them get ready to sing for Mother's Day. And it's not that it is just an important day for Primary kids…..but missionaries everywhere and their families too. If you don’t know why…ask someone.

Well I hope that everyone had a great week this week. I know that I did - and this week will be pretty cool. We have two baptisms this Saturday and then the transfer is almost over. Boy howdy, do these things seem to go faster and faster! I still have plenty of time left….oh, I did hit 14 months in the field today, so that’s pretty cool. I will end with my testimony that for any of us to receive the blessings that God has for us, we need to be obedient to the commandants that predicate them. It may be really hard or scary or we may not see the point or the need to do so….but I promise God would not give us a commandment if it didn’t help us out in the long run. It really does…I’ve seen and I know people around me have seen it….as some company back home might say….”Just Do It.”

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: