Monday, March 17, 2008

Well this week started off great....the ending...not so much the same

Hello to one and all,

This week has been one of many interesting moments. First I guess I will start with last P-day….we ended up playing football just down the street from our apartment. There are some turf football fields for public use...since nothing that is plant like lives for more then a day around here it is turf….which is fun to play on anyway. Well we played for like two hours…and lets just say this…not to be boastful…..but I could have beaten Payton Manning that day…..it was awesome! My team won 8-3 it was amazing…we tore the other zone apart! Some kids from the high school came and played with us too and they were pretty good…it was nice to have two golden hands to go with my golden arm I guess….ok that sounded way too prideful…but it was pretty sweet.

Well I guess now the missionary work side of things…..we are working with a number of families….still with the family that we have to pull the kids teeth to talk but things have really gotten better. I think that we might try some new stuff this week to see how they like it…but it really is fun teaching them. We are also working with this guy named Jerry….really he reminds me of Uncle Bud…he looks a lot like him and he was in the Marines so he has that same hard exterior but soft loving inside. I really like teaching the guy, especially because of the last appointment we had with him this past week. We were talking about how he needed to quit smoking and how it is bad for him and his 2 month old baby. Well he was flipping through Alma and found that people should not "procrastinate the day of your repentance" And oddly enough when we had left the time before, I started thinking of how I would bring that scripture up to him. I didn’t have to - the Spirit kicked him in the stomach for me. It was quite the appointment and he has committed to cut back his smoking…and then of course quit and get baptized.

We also had a baptism last Saturday….and the sad part is I was out with the stomach flu and had to go on splits so Elder Russell could be there. Thankfully we were in no way involved so I didn’t let anyone down by not being there. It did however stink to be sick and throwing up knowing I could be at a baptism…but she was baptized and confirmed at the baptism because we had Stake conference this past weekend, too. That was also pretty cool.
Well this weekend is transfer calls….as for this time I really have no idea what could be happening. I would love to stay here for a little while as I love the wards and love the investigators. But it isn’t my choice - it is the Lord's choice and where he needs me to be. Well I love you all so much and can’t wait to hear from you all next week.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: