Monday, March 10, 2008

Man I Love This Stuff...


Elder Taylor will teach anything that stands still long enough, even if they are carrying weapons!

Well Hello Again,
I hope that all have had a great week….it really sounds like everyone has been busy….except Dad….I think his stuff is more behind the scenes rather than in the lime light any way. This week has been totally awesome and even more fun! I have really had so much stuff going on this week. We had a baptism this past Wednesday and that was amazing. I will talk about that later…..then we had Zone conference….actually those were both the same busy day…..Then we have just been bust teaching and doing what missionaries do…..If only they wrote what missionaries do in that song, people would really know what it is like…really!
So like I said, we had Zone Conference and a Baptism on the same day…that was Wednesday, as I said. Zone Conference was in the morning and that was awesome as always…it was the first one with President McCracken and it went well….he did a great job of teaching us teaching skills we need, and how to improve them and it was really good…I really am growing to love him and am grateful for the things he does to help us…then came the Baptism… it was a young woman in the Las Vegas 7th ward…so the ward decided to have her Baptism be the mutual activity for the night…that was the coolest idea ever….I have never seen so many people at someone’s baptism before…there was a count of 63 people in the room but I think there were more than that…lots of people came out to support Carina and her choice to be baptized…the other cool thing is that one of her friends…who is a Priest…got to baptize her…that was so cool to see too, as Elder Russell and I were her witnesses…it was just a cool things overall. I was also asked to speak on the Holy Ghost…and that went well too….I have done it a few times before and I really enjoy it. (Carina is pictured here with Elder Taylor, Ned Meservey, and Elder Russell)

The other thing that I wanted to write about today was the total missionary work boom in this area….we have so much to do I almost don’t know if there is enough time in the day to breath…..but thankfully, I really love it….it is such a cool thing. We have a family that we are working with right now…..really, the dad is less-active and the kids are learning about God and things for the first time…it has really been fun to teach then and get to know them….even though it is like pulling teeth… it is still fun for me to try and get to know them and get them to open up…then we just seem to be finding new people every week to teach and it just makes things so much more fun to do each day….OH, and the other cool thing about that is, we have a baptism again this Saturday and that will be really cool. This lady has been preparing for this moment for a while and I think it is so cool that I will get to see it all happen.

Well, I want to tell you all I love you so much…..you are really a huge help to me each day….I would just ask that you help your local missionaries out….in any way you can….feeding them, teaching with them or finding someone for them to teach…I have really come to love the members in this area because they want to do anything they can to help us…I know that the Elders where ever you are would love the same….it has helped so much to get used to this new area when there are people who want to help you do your best….I was also thinking about how much I love my Savior and how much I love reading the scriptures now…they both just lift me up and start my day with a huge spiritual high that can’t be replaced. Again I love you all so much and have a great week.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: