Monday, February 25, 2008

Well I thought I would just write a quick note....

Hello Family,
I was sad to see that you were all so un-happy with the amount of details in my e-mail last week. So I hope that you are satisfied this week. This week was a good one….my first full week in Las Vegas and it was fun. I got to see some fun stuff, some crazy stuff and then everything in between. First we had p-day last week and that was fun. One of the senior couples in our office staff left this last Friday so we gave them a surprise party on their lunch break last Monday. So that was very fun. We had a great time and since my District Leader is a Spanish speaking missionary he wanted to have a piƱata, so we had one and let them beat the crap out of it…so that was the highlight. Then we got together with another zone and played basketball….the skill level down here in Las Vegas isn’t very good. I didn’t lose a game in like 2 hours of playing…it was sad…either that or I’m getting better….which I doubt since I saw who I was playing with.
Well, we had zone meeting on Tuesday and that was cool because we got to shoot chalk at a chalk board and that was cool. Our zone leaders have an air gun and they used it in their training. They said we need to have vision and they blocked the sight so we couldn’t aim and then they moved the barrier and showed how much easier it was to do…so that was fun. Then we just went about our missionary work. Friday I went on splits with Elder Marchant…he is my district leader….that was fun…because he has a car…oh yeah, my area won't have a car for a while…that’s the info I got from Sanderson….so we are just on foot and bike right now….mostly just foot….it is really fun to walk around and talk to people down here….just not at night…that’s when the gangsters come out…so we try and have appointments and stuff. Well anyway back the splits…we went into the real ghetto that day….we had some referrals to check on and they were all in the projects. I actually had someone ask me “Who wants to know?” when I was looking for someone. I guess we do look like cops some times. But it was just another confirmation that I was indeed in Vegas….in the Ghetto. Don’t worry Mom, it was during the day. So that was a lot of fun….speaking of referrals in the ghetto….Russell and I went and talked to this guy named: Ulishes…..said like Delicious…just with a U instead of a D. He was a nice guy and we might start teaching him soon. But I just love the name so I had to tell the story.
Oh yeah I almost forgot….this past Thursday was my Official one year mark……its all down hill from here…it was so weird when this one member asked me and I told them how long I had been out….they said “oh, all down hill now” it was really weird. So it is weird. Everything was my first last year and now everything will start being my last!! Scary thought but at least I’m not Ex-Elder Boland….I'm still going strong. Oh, by the way, Congratulations Bobby! [that is your name in case you forgot…I do] You did all 2 years - way to go! Well, I have to get running but I love all of you very much and hope you have a great day! Talk you you in March…man how time flies.
Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: