Monday, September 24, 2007

Sorry for the lateness...today was just way cool....

Hey Everybody,
Sorry that this is coming in so late, but we had a really fun day. We went with the Zone Leaders and one of their investigators to Virginia City. It was so cool. It is a really small little tourist town up in the mountains outside of Reno. Some of you may have heard of it before, but I really hadn’t. It was originally a mining town for silver. It was such cool trip and nice to just get out of the city and go and walk around a little tourist spot. Normally I hated when my parents made me do it, but this time it was really fun.

This week was an eventful one. First, I will start something I forgot to mention. Last Sunday I was given the chance to give a convert the Aaronic priesthood. His name is Conan, and he is a really cool kid. I was shocked when he asked me to do it. Now I know how nervous Grandpa Siple was when he gave me the Priesthood. It was a very special opportunity that I had.

Next we had Zone Conference. That is always a pleasure, a chance to hear from our mission president, and also sit down and talk with him about life and other missionary things. It was a nice, spiritually uplifting day. We learned a lot. Our mission has set a goal of having 1000 baptisms this year, and our AP’s talked with us and told us that if we keep going at the rate we are, we will hit that goal. Last year there were 738 baptisms - so that is a pretty good goal . We know that we can get it. We just have to work really hard and keep and doing the things that we know the Lord would have us do.

Well the was some more stuff that happened, but in this short time I can't think of it all. I will just close and say that I love all of you. I hope that everyone is having a good week and that your weather is better then ours. It has dropped like 30 degrees in like a week and it is hard to get used to right away. Well, anyway, I love you.

Love,
Elder Taylor

{blogmistress note: this week marks seven months in the mission for Elder Taylor - and this is the 50th post! HOORAY!}

No comments: