Monday, September 10, 2007

Just Rolling Along...Singing A Song

Hey everyone,
Well here we are again...another week...one that seemed to move by very slow. Some very interesting things happened too. It still just seemed like the week dragged on and on and on. I had a really cool chance this week to see someone I know. Well, let me set the stage. Elder Dixon and I were tracting and we really weren’t having much success and so we just kept knocking. Then to my surprise a door opens and a familiar face opened it up. No, it wasn’t a ward member, but a member of the Church. It was Dave Boland! Now I hadn’t seen Dave in quite some time. But I still remembered him and after telling him who I was and where I had met him, he knew who I was…."the kid who ate all the little smokies." Hey, I still hold the record…38 baby! Anyway he had just gotten back from a trip and was not at his home either. But he did give me his number and told me to call and set up a time to come by and have dinner. So that was the highlight of the day for sure. Also about tracting: we have started to try an spice up a bit. We got scooters and we "scooter tract" from door to door. It is a lot of fun and we can cover more ground much faster...and really, it is a lot of fun. Then the other night we went to dinner and the mom make the elders sing to get dessert, and we did, it was a fun tradition to be apart of and it didn't sound too bad!

Well we did find out that one of our best investigators is moving out of our ward and into another ward in south Reno. That’s ok though, the Lord always blesses us when things seem dim. I think that's true in real life too, not just as missionaries. When life seems to getting you down and you really think that all is lost, we are blessed and things seem to turn around for the better. God won't ever leave you out hangin as long as you are trying to do your best.

Yesterday, being Sunday, we got to teach a Sunday school class during one of our wards. It was fun and it was only going to like a 6 kids which then turned into 14 as two other teachers had to help with the Primary program practice. So we had a class full of kids and it was fun to teach kids. The lesson was on how God it no respecter of persons, meaning he doesn’t think highly of anyone over anyone else, he loves all of us equally.

Well I love all of you very much and hope that this week goes well, for people starting school or having an interview for a new job, or just going through the motions. Know I think about all of you often and hope you are well and happy. I love you.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: