Monday, September 17, 2007

The Race is on....

Hello All,

Well this week was a pretty fun week. We had some fun this past weekend. We had a chance to go and watch the Reno National Championship Air Races. It was so cool. They were flying low and fast. They are fun to watch, only when there are two planes battling it out for the win. You know it is hard to race cars and pass each other…now imagine doing that in a plane…it was really fun to watch. Then the Canadian SnowBirds were there too. They are like the Blue Angels, for those who have no idea what I’m talking about….I didn’t until Saturday either…..so don’t feel bad. They did some amazing tricks, and plane stunt things….it was really amazing to watch. We got in for free, because some other missionaries were doing service and let us in for free, so we sat and watched for a little bit and had some good times. I hope to send some video and pics home soon so you can all see the amazing stuff.

On the missionary front, we were at church yesterday and it was toward the end of the day….like hour 8 of church….and a member told us that they had brought some investigators to church…..they want to meet with missionaries, but they are going out of town…actually to Portland….small world! They didn’t want us to forget about them so they wanted to set up an appointment with us right then….It was so cool to just have people come to us…As a missionary that doesn’t happen all to often. So that was really cool too. It is a mom and daughter that want to take the lessons. They are really nice people that have been going to a different ward for a while now, and now want to take the lessons. It made me really excited.

We had a good week overall…..it is really weird to think that zone conference is coming up this Friday and that is also my 7 month mark…time goes by so fast. And to have so many missionaries from the two wards back home and to see all of them go out and also get ready to come home...it is cool to be right in the middle of it all. I love the letter that Bishop Wilson send out…I look forward to it every week. It is nice to hear that all of the other missionaries are having fun and good success helping bring souls unto Christ. I love this work so much and can't think of anything else I would rather be doing right now. I’m really looking forward to this week and can't wait to tell all of you about it. I hope that all have a good week and can't wait to hear from you soon.

Love,
Elder Taylor

The book is blue, The church is true, and I love you…….

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the story about you having to sing for your supper. (OK dessert)
When people show up late to one of my meetings I make them sing. It doesn't happen much any more I have to tell ya.

Sunny So Cal is cooling off... thank goodness. We have been 18 months wtihout measurable rain and the 107 weather was just awful. Finally yesterday the high was in the high 70's. A great relief. Looking at weather.com it looks like you are getting some rain. Lucky you! Although you have to scooter around in it.

Aren't air shows fun? I am glad you are getting out and having fun too.

Take care and be careful on that scooter!

Love, and Hugs
Auntie Karen