Sunday, April 15, 2007

A letter from April 9, 2007

Subject: Confrimation is a GO
Dear Family,
Well it has been a very interesting week here in Winnemucca. We had the Baptism Saturday afternoon. It went very well, a lot of Shawn's family was there and that made it really nice. He bore a super strong and super short testimony. Then on Sunday I did my first confirmation, I was so nervous. Here in Winnemucca they do the baby blessings and confirmation after the sacrament, not before in the ward business. So I had to wait longer than I thought which built up my nerves. It ended up being really cool. Also his baby got blessed right after and Elder Filter and I were asked to stand in on that as well. So I had two firsts in one week. Easter was nice, we went The Patchetts for dinner, they are a nice young family and she loves to cook for the Elders, or just cook in general (I haven’t figured it out yet).

Then last night the most amazing thing happened, well maybe not the most amazing thing but it was still cool. Travis, who has been meeting with the Missionaries for a while called us at 10 and was like “I want to get baptized, what do I have to do?” Mind you we were very tired and were almost in bed early and then he called. We a little out of it to say the least, then we totally sprung into missionary mode. He wants to do it this week sometime, and because he has had all the lessons and comes to church all the time he can do it when ever he wants, so we are very excited. The work he has slowed down, not to many new investigators, but we know that as we continue to be obedient and do what we can, the Lord will bless us.

I’ve been in the Field almost a month now!!!!!! It goes by way to fast. We also had zone conference this week, that was really cool except we have to drive 2 hours to get to the rest of our zone, but it was worth it. We got to hear the zone leaders, Assistant to President Andrus, and the President and Sister Andrus. President Andrus is so amazing, I wrote a letter home after the conference it should be there soon. Anyway he does such a good job. Also I go to see Elders Thompson and Riddle who I was in the MTC with, so that was nice.

We are doing good here in Winnemucca, its hard to think this transfer is almost over, I can't believe it. I’m sorry to here about the picture card, I will keep on praying about it, and I will get some good envelopes to send them in. If you send one or two pictures in the E-mail it ok, but I would like to have some to look at in the apartment so maybe Chanel could make a photo album and send it and could you burn some CD’s to send with it, if and when I’m in a car they have cd players so we need good music.

Well I want everyone to know I love them, and also disappointed Tiger couldn’t pull it out in the end, but I like Zach Johnson too, so it still ok. Alright back to the goodbye. Wait you took ELDERS the BLAZER GAME?????????? What are you thinking???????? I hope the Dancers were Hot otherwise it wasn’t worth it. I’m glad they are being well taken care of. Now back to the goodbye. I love all of you very much and think about you all the time. Happy Birthday to Brittani and Elder Wyatt. I hope all is going well. And last but not least, Mom quit stalking me through my Bank account, but thanks for the money.

Love
Elder Taylor

P.S. The Easter bunny did find us, through the Crookston’s, they are so nice and gave us lots of candy……WHERE ARE MY EASTER/MISSIONARY COOKIES, MOM????

No comments: