Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A letter from April 2

***NOTE: I love Geoff's subject lines..they crack me up!***

Subject: Conference, Exchanges and Crazy Dinner...Oh MY!

Hey,

So all is well in Winnemucca, we got a chance to watch ALL 5 sessions of conference, which was nice. Normally you can't watch Saturday sessions without an investigator with you, but they changed it this time so we could, which was nice. Yes Mom, I did think of you when "Redeemer of Israel" came on, but I didn't turn to Elder Filter. This conference was way awesome. I don't know if you all caught it but the apostles totally put it to all the Mormon-haters out there, they just let them have it on what we REALLY believe. Well now I'm all excited, anyway it was way awesome.

Some other cool news, Shawn, our investigator who is being baptized this weekend, asked ME to confirm him in church on Sunday. Now I'm not going to lie I am totally honored to do so, but still I've never done that before so I'm a little nervous, but still it's going to be way cool. He asked Elder Filter to baptize him so we are very excited for Saturday.

I did hand write a letter which should get there soon, but I will cover some things again. We went on exchanges on Friday. I went with our District leader Elder Body; he is form Seattle, so we talked about the great northwest a lot. It was nice to ride around in a Car for once, but I did feel a little lazy not being on a bike. All in all though, it was a good day.

Alright now to some of the Questions for this week. The Apartment was a total missionary apartment, it looked so gross the first day, but have to no fear Mom, your boy got right to work cleaning on our first P-day. So now it is livable, which is nice. It looks older, I think I put some pictures on the card I sent home. We have a lot of neighbors who smoke so sometimes it smells bad, but other then that it is nice. Life on the Bike is going well - still trying to get used to it, but I'm getting there, lots of hills in Winnemucca! We cover the 3rd ward here, so lot s of riding in town. Elder Filter is from South Carolina, but doesn't have the southern drawl thankfully. He cool, he actually reminds me of Bobby a lot, which in turn makes this process a lot easier.

We had the Craziest meal yet last night. We ate with a lovely family, The Tomlinsons, no relation to L.T. They have six kids, one of which has BI-Polar disorder. Let's just say she was having a "Bad" day. Also I should say there was another family there with a son who was less the stellar. He was actually down right annoying and when she started hitting him I didn't feel that bad. She was letting everyone have it though, from Mom to Dad to everyone, except the Lord's servants. We were actually sad when it was time to go, because they are truly a nice family and the food was way good.

My time here in Winnemucca has been great so far. I hope that I am here to see the work really take off. Winnemucca is in a little valley for those who don't know, and this valley is just about ready to explode with missionary work, so I hope I'm here for a little bit longer. I should be here for at least 3 months to be trained, but I hope it is longer. We have Zone Conference this Thursday, so that will be awesome. Also the Baptism, It should be a busy week.

I think about everyone all the time, I miss everyone. Glad to hear all is going well. I love you all and hope the Mom has a very Happy Birthday on Wednesday, I will think of you all day, not that I don't already.

Love,
Elder Taylor

P.S. If you have more questions or want more info, continue to put in requests and I will do my best to give answers.

No comments: