Monday, April 16, 2007

Letter from April 16, 2007

Subject: One month In the Field Baby!!!

Dear Family and whoever else reads these things,

I've been in the Field over a Month now, Man does time fly by. Well we had another Baptism this week, Travis, I think I told you about it last week. Well it went through on Saturday and was so cool. It was spring break here last week and so a lot of people leave this place and go somewhere cool, like Elko. Now that was just a joke for me, Elko is bigger than Winnemucca and smaller then Reno, so now you can laugh. Anyway there were a lot of people who came to the baptism so that was very nice. Some background on Travis, he is 18 and is really nice. His father was somewhat opposed to him being baptized at first, then he came around and the end so it was nice, he has a sister who is 16 who we hope will get baptized this week, her name is Cammy, keep her in your prayers. I think I told you all about this in my first e-mail.

Where do I begin…..I got my first official door slammed in my face the other night. I was so happy, I know that sounds weird but I was. It really isn’t as bad as you think it is. But right after I turned and gave Elder Filter a high five and we walked away, it was pretty cool. Then earlier in the week I met God…..know I want you to think about that for just a second…………ok so we were leaving an appointment and Elder Filter said “Hey go contact that guy” so I did…..turns out he was God, or the USA or Humboldt county or I really don’t know what his deal was. He was very drunk…we had a good time talking to him….then we just started to walk away and laugh, because really what do you do after that???

We have two new investigators, one is Shiloh. He is African American and he is so funny. He just really wants to find the right church to go to, and he has tried almost all of them and now he is giving ours a try and so far so good. He really wanted one of those “Mormon Bibles”, so we gave him a Book of Mormon instead. The other is Jonathan, his wife is a less-active member who wants to go back to church, and he wants to learn about the church, so we said we would go and talk to them. We were on splits on Wednesday and Elder Smith and I went and taught the first lesson and it went well. So that is a lot of what is going on here.

So I guess Chanel said she wants the “Typical Day”. Well we get up @ 6:30 and pray and walk around in a stupor, and then we shower and eat breakfast. We then study for two hours. Then we try and do some sort or service or other helpful work until lunch, as 10 to 12 is a less productive time. We eat lunch and usually go tracting or contacting for a few hours, unless we have appointments, then we try and visit people who set up an appointment, but then weren’t there. Then we go to dinner and then try and visit members after to get referrals. Now of course we have appointments most of the time, this is just a day that we don’t have any appointments.

It’s cool to hear that Elder Wyatt is a Zone Leader; he will do a really good job. Too bad for Elder Hale though, he really lost a good companion. Transfers are coming up next week, I doubt that anyone in our district will be leaving, but you never know what the Lord wants for you. So Mom just keep watching my account you will know where I’m at, you stalker.

Well as for things I need, I have those American Eagle shorts that are crazy looking, if you would send those, and cookies and then another memory card, and then some more cookies I think that should cover it. Dad, the bike is fine a little dirty but its still good. Oh wait I need to get some new breaks, that reminds we, good thing I wrote that down now I can go get them at Wal-Mart. Other then that it's all good. We play CD's on a CD player Elder Filter has, I don’t really need one once I get the iPod and if I do I will just buy one here.

I’m glad that Karen and Deeder got their letter. Please call Grandma and Grandpa Siple and tell them there is in the mail today. We don’t have as much time to write as I would like, so I will continue to do my best. I hope that the family got my letter this week with the questionnaire, it not you will get it soon. I hope you know that I love you all. I glad you had fun with Dick and Jane.

Well it’s about that time to do that thing; we are going bowling, again. I’m getting pretty good; I bowled a 164 last week. Well I want you all to know that I miss you and I miss the green. It sure is not the same down here, but the members are super cool and that makes me happy and think of home too. All is well and I love you.

Elder Taylor

1 comment:

Trixie L'Amour said...

Just for the record, I am NOT stalking Geoff through his bank account...just making sure he is well funded, as any pefect mother would do........